Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > On Board PC Sound Problem Help!

On Board PC Sound Problem Help!

Sellcarz

have inherited a Packard Bell Club 110C without the original software. The
serial number is (M960600599)It was full of virus coruptions ect.. So I
formated the drive and installed Win 98 SE and all drivers off this support
web site. Only problem is the on board sound chip. It was working before the
format. I opened the case and confirmed that there was no PCI slot used for
a sound card. The chip is an Intel FW 82801 AA I have tried all three
drivers on the site. It detects a PCI device refers to Crystal AC9x WDM
Driver. This software attempt also failed. I also tried Avace AC97 Driver
for Intel 82801AA Controller. It did not work. In My Computer Device Manager
it shows trouble with sound devices. Can anyone here help me out?
Please!!!!!
I am just stumped and out of Ideas. If all else fails I'll just pop a damn
sound card into her rather than pay for a support call fee.
_________________
Tim R Nurmi
Professional New and Used Automobile Sales & Leasing Consultant.
Please Reply! http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

Jeff Gaines

On 15/09/2004 Sellcarz wrote:

[snipped]

> Intel 82801AA Controller. It did not work. In My Computer Device
> Manager it shows trouble with sound devices. Can anyone here help me
> out? Please!!!!! I am just stumped and out of Ideas. If all else
> fails I'll just pop a damn sound card into her rather than pay for a
> support call fee. _________________
> Tim R Nurmi

Google throws up a lot of references, this one goes to driver guide:

http://www.soundcard-drivers.com/drivers/142/142243.htm

Have you run Aida32 (or similar) to confirm exactly which chip it is?

--
Jeff Gaines - Damerham Hampshire UK
Posted with XanaNews 1.16.4.6

Ben Myers

One thing for sure is that the board uses an Intel chipset, but that says
nothing about the audio chip. PB did not manufacture the motherboard, that's
for sure.

So... What is the BIOS identifier displayed by the motherboard? It's likely to
be a Phoenix BIOS, rather than Award or AMI. From the BIOS ID, the original
board manufacturer can be determined, and drivers downloaded from the board
mfr's web site.

The other way to go about it is to identify the audio chip by examining the
motherboard. From there, the "reference" drivers can be found on Crystal's web
site... Ben Myers

On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 17:09:11 -0400, "Sellcarz" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

> have inherited a Packard Bell Club 110C without the original software. The
>serial number is (M960600599)It was full of virus coruptions ect.. So I
>formated the drive and installed Win 98 SE and all drivers off this support
>web site. Only problem is the on board sound chip. It was working before the
>format. I opened the case and confirmed that there was no PCI slot used for
>a sound card. The chip is an Intel FW 82801 AA I have tried all three
>drivers on the site. It detects a PCI device refers to Crystal AC9x WDM
>Driver. This software attempt also failed. I also tried Avace AC97 Driver
>for Intel 82801AA Controller. It did not work. In My Computer Device Manager
>it shows trouble with sound devices. Can anyone here help me out?
>Please!!!!!
>I am just stumped and out of Ideas. If all else fails I'll just pop a damn
>sound card into her rather than pay for a support call fee.
>_________________
>Tim R Nurmi
>Professional New and Used Automobile Sales & Leasing Consultant.
>Please Reply! (E-Mail Removed)

metronid

Your serial number failed a valid search
Are you saying the sound card is on the Motherboard

An onboard chip can be pci and soldered
to the board
The method of bus integration should not change if it is
soldered in

Have you checked
http://www.uktsupport.co.uk/pb/mb/pbmb.htm
to find out what MB
"Sellcarz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> have inherited a Packard Bell Club 110C without the original software. The
> serial number is (M960600599)It was full of virus coruptions ect.. So I
> formated the drive and installed Win 98 SE and all drivers off this

support
> web site. Only problem is the on board sound chip. It was working before

the
> format. I opened the case and confirmed that there was no PCI slot used

for
> a sound card. The chip is an Intel FW 82801 AA I have tried all three
> drivers on the site. It detects a PCI device refers to Crystal AC9x WDM
> Driver. This software attempt also failed. I also tried Avace AC97 Driver
> for Intel 82801AA Controller. It did not work. In My Computer Device

Manager
> it shows trouble with sound devices. Can anyone here help me out?
> Please!!!!!
> I am just stumped and out of Ideas. If all else fails I'll just pop a damn
> sound card into her rather than pay for a support call fee.
> _________________
> Tim R Nurmi
> Professional New and Used Automobile Sales & Leasing Consultant.
> Please Reply! (E-Mail Removed)

Michael Luko

> I am just stumped and out of Ideas. If all else fails I'll just pop a damn
> sound card into her rather than pay for a support call fee.

Clark Development hasn't supported PCBoard Bulletin Board Software since
1997. The support number has been disconnected for many years. Seriously
you may get answers and help to your situation over in one of the hardware
or sound card newsgroups. PCBoard is a Bulletin Board Software package. This
news group is alt.bbs.pcboard note the BBS before the pcboard. Alot of
people mistake this news group for PC board's (hardware). In addition to
newsgroups many BBS's have conference for hardware. I host a conference in
the ILink message network called Sound Gear if you want feel free to login
to my BBS and post your question there. ILink also has a hardware conference
as well. My telnet address is in my signature block below if you wish to
make use of those and other hardware related conferences.

====> Michael Luko <====
Sysop, Christian Fellowship BBS (856) 933-7096
Telnet://cfbbs.dtdns.net or cfbbs.no-ip.com
Primary Email: (E-Mail Removed)
Backup Email: (E-Mail Removed) (text only)

Michael Luko

> or sound card newsgroups. PCBoard is a Bulletin Board Software package.
This
> news group is alt.bbs.pcboard note the BBS before the pcboard. Alot of
> people mistake this news group for PC board's (hardware). In addition to

I forgot to remove all the non alt.bbs.pcboard newsgroups in the
header before my message was posted. Sorry for the confusion. Only the
alt.bbs.pcboard news group is intended for the PCboard BBS software.

John Duffy

just a thought; but have you checked the resources the sound card is using?
(device manager, properties, resources) quite often it's caused by a simple
conflict that you can get over in bios.

"Sellcarz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> have inherited a Packard Bell Club 110C without the original software. The
> serial number is (M960600599)It was full of virus coruptions ect.. So I
> formated the drive and installed Win 98 SE and all drivers off this
> support
> web site. Only problem is the on board sound chip. It was working before
> the
> format. I opened the case and confirmed that there was no PCI slot used
> for
> a sound card. The chip is an Intel FW 82801 AA I have tried all three
> drivers on the site. It detects a PCI device refers to Crystal AC9x WDM
> Driver. This software attempt also failed. I also tried Avace AC97 Driver
> for Intel 82801AA Controller. It did not work. In My Computer Device
> Manager
> it shows trouble with sound devices. Can anyone here help me out?
> Please!!!!!
> I am just stumped and out of Ideas. If all else fails I'll just pop a damn
> sound card into her rather than pay for a support call fee.
> _________________
> Tim R Nurmi
> Professional New and Used Automobile Sales & Leasing Consultant.
> Please Reply! (E-Mail Removed)

Kenny

Belarc:
Everest:
http://www.lavalys.com/products/over...ng=en&pageid=1
Soundcard Detector 2.0.E
http://www.karldavis.com/
Click Downloads.

One of these may help.

--

Kenny

"Sellcarz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> have inherited a Packard Bell Club 110C without the original software. The
> serial number is (M960600599)It was full of virus coruptions ect.. So I
> formated the drive and installed Win 98 SE and all drivers off this

support
> web site. Only problem is the on board sound chip. It was working before

the
> format. I opened the case and confirmed that there was no PCI slot used

for
> a sound card. The chip is an Intel FW 82801 AA I have tried all three
> drivers on the site. It detects a PCI device refers to Crystal AC9x WDM
> Driver. This software attempt also failed. I also tried Avace AC97 Driver
> for Intel 82801AA Controller. It did not work. In My Computer Device

Manager
> it shows trouble with sound devices. Can anyone here help me out?
> Please!!!!!
> I am just stumped and out of Ideas. If all else fails I'll just pop a damn
> sound card into her rather than pay for a support call fee.
> Tim R Nurmi
> Professional New and Used Automobile Sales & Leasing Consultant.
> Please Reply! (E-Mail Removed)

Sellcarz

I thank you all for the help. I got it working when I found the original
drivers discs.