Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Doubled up taskbar

Doubled up taskbar

Terry Pinnell

On my XP PC, the taskbar refuses to go back to a single line. Even
with only Launch items on the left and Tray items on the right (no
minimised buttons in the middle), it still stays double. It's as if
the tray area has become double-decker somehow.

After much googling still haven't found the fix. I have seen some
'scripts' for restoring 'default taskbar', but I'm nervous of losing
my careful setup.

--
Terry, West Sussex, UK

alan

"Terry Pinnell" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On my XP PC, the taskbar refuses to go back to a single line. Even
> with only Launch items on the left and Tray items on the right (no
> minimised buttons in the middle), it still stays double. It's as if
> the tray area has become double-decker somehow.
>
> After much googling still haven't found the fix. I have seen some
> 'scripts' for restoring 'default taskbar', but I'm nervous of losing
> my careful setup.
>
> --
> Terry, West Sussex, UK

What happens when you try to drag and drop the top border of the taskbar?

alan

Terry Pinnell

"alan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>What happens when you try to drag and drop the top border of the taskbar?
>
>alan

I could increase the size but not decrease it.

However, happily I did stumble on a sequence of manoeuvres that got it
back to one line. There was (at some point) a vertical bar in the
empty area on the left, underneath the Quick Launch icons, and I found
I could drag that to the right and up one line. Voila!

--
Terry, West Sussex, UK