Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > BLUESCREEN During XP Installation

BLUESCREEN During XP Installation

Vincent Wonnacott

I have tried several times with a clean installation on a machine and keep
getting a stop error blue screen after about 20 minutes into the install,
with a number of error codes.

Is this likely to be hardware, and if so am I right in pinpointing graphics
card/memory?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Vincent

nUt

"Vincent Wonnacott" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ci96dh$qgv$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have tried several times with a clean installation on a machine and keep
> getting a stop error blue screen after about 20 minutes into the install,
> with a number of error codes.
>
> Is this likely to be hardware, and if so am I right in pinpointing

graphics
> card/memory?
>
> Thanks in advance for any help.

Run memtest http://www.memtest86.com/ to determine whether the memory is
faulty.

A little more info would be useful... specific error message, xp version,
original/cdr media, at which point the install fails, pc spec, etc.

Vincent Wonnacott

"> Run memtest http://www.memtest86.com/ to determine whether the memory is
> faulty.
>
> A little more info would be useful... specific error message, Not sure as

not at machine - but is a critical stop error...

xp version - xp pro sp1

> original/cdr media, cdr

at which point the install fails, not sure if a specific point but seems to
be soon after setting region

pc spec, etc. - XP1800 cpu, 512PC133 - Unbranded, not sure of board again as
not at machine

sorry can be of no further use - do have some spare memory so will try that.

Billy

"Vincent Wonnacott" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ci96dh$qgv$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have tried several times with a clean installation on a machine and

keep
> getting a stop error blue screen after about 20 minutes into the

install,
> with a number of error codes.
>
> Is this likely to be hardware, and if so am I right in pinpointing

graphics
> card/memory?
>
> Thanks in advance for any help.
>

> Vincent

Run the compatibility check from the CD.
Unhook scanners, printers, usb devices, and other devices until after
the install.
What are the error messages?