Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Crazy stuff on my PC!! ?

Crazy stuff on my PC!! ?

mickey

I have been experiencing a lot of recent problems, the worst of which
happened today when my Google homepage changed to a porn search page! I
clearly have an infection of some sort but I just can't get my system
cleaned no matter what Spy Search or Ad-ware I run. I can't understand the
Hijack This log and I certainly don#t want my children exposed to porn. I
suspect that they are responsible however because they use WinMX to download
music etc and as I don't visit porn sites, I haven't any other explanation
for my recent probs! I don't even know if this message will upload because
when I try to post stuff on other groups, I get an error message telling me
that a problem was encountered! A bit of a mess all round then. Can anyone
help me please?

Brian

"mickey" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:ci95vp$k8e$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have been experiencing a lot of recent problems, the worst of which
> happened today when my Google homepage changed to a porn search page! I
> clearly have an infection of some sort but I just can't get my system
> cleaned no matter what Spy Search or Ad-ware I run. I can't understand the
> Hijack This log and I certainly don#t want my children exposed to porn. I
> suspect that they are responsible however because they use WinMX to

download
> music etc and as I don't visit porn sites, I haven't any other explanation
> for my recent probs! I don't even know if this message will upload because
> when I try to post stuff on other groups, I get an error message telling

me
> that a problem was encountered! A bit of a mess all round then. Can anyone
> help me please?

visit this link:
http://hijackthis.de/index.php?langselect=english
copy and paste the hijack this log into the text field on that page and
click "analyze" that should find any nasteis on your system. in the app
itself: look for the baddies (which are marked on thatpage displayed after
analysing), tick them and have hijack this fix them.

Linda

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "mickey" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> news:ci95vp$k8e$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I have been experiencing a lot of recent problems, the worst of which
>> happened today when my Google homepage changed to a porn search page! I
>> clearly have an infection of some sort but I just can't get my system
>> cleaned no matter what Spy Search or Ad-ware I run. I can't understand
>> the
>> Hijack This log and I certainly don#t want my children exposed to porn.
>> suspect that they are responsible however because they use WinMX to

> download
>> music etc and as I don't visit porn sites, I haven't any other
>> explanation
>> for my recent probs! I don't even know if this message will upload
>> because
>> when I try to post stuff on other groups, I get an error message telling

> me
>> that a problem was encountered! A bit of a mess all round then. Can
>> anyone
>> help me please?
>>

> visit this link:
> http://hijackthis.de/index.php?langselect=english
> copy and paste the hijack this log into the text field on that page and
> click "analyze" that should find any nasteis on your system. in the app
> itself: look for the baddies (which are marked on thatpage displayed after
> analysing), tick them and have hijack this fix them.

As a quick brute force solution, in WinXP enable control panel/internet
properties/content/content advisor (approved sites) tab. I can't remember if
it's available in previous Win versions.

mickey

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "mickey" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> news:ci95vp$k8e$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I have been experiencing a lot of recent problems, the worst of which
> > happened today when my Google homepage changed to a porn search page! I
> > clearly have an infection of some sort but I just can't get my system
> > cleaned no matter what Spy Search or Ad-ware I run. I can't understand

the
> > Hijack This log and I certainly don#t want my children exposed to porn.

> > suspect that they are responsible however because they use WinMX to

> download
> > music etc and as I don't visit porn sites, I haven't any other

explanation
> > for my recent probs! I don't even know if this message will upload

because
> > when I try to post stuff on other groups, I get an error message telling

> me
> > that a problem was encountered! A bit of a mess all round then. Can

anyone
> > help me please?
> >

> visit this link:
> http://hijackthis.de/index.php?langselect=english
> copy and paste the hijack this log into the text field on that page and
> click "analyze" that should find any nasteis on your system. in the app
> itself: look for the baddies (which are marked on thatpage displayed after
> analysing), tick them and have hijack this fix them.

Hi Brian. I did what you suggested and analysed the logfile. I then "fixed"
everything I was advised to but the problem has now got worse! My home page
just can't be changed back to Google permanently. When I use my Internet
Options to do so and then open IE, the Porn searchpage comes back up. And to
make matters worse, I had to go out for a few minutes there and my 11 year
old son (who is off school with a bug) had opened it up and this filth was
sitting on my desktop! I am in a real quandary here and need help urgently!
Anybody.......please!
Oh, and another slighter prob, I downloaded the most recent version of
Hijack this on Sunday night but this analysis tells me that I don't have the
latest version?

Linda

"Linda" <.@.> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Brian" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> "mickey" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>> news:ci95vp$k8e$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> I have been experiencing a lot of recent problems, the worst of which
>>> happened today when my Google homepage changed to a porn search page! I
>>> clearly have an infection of some sort but I just can't get my system
>>> cleaned no matter what Spy Search or Ad-ware I run. I can't understand
>>> the
>>> Hijack This log and I certainly don#t want my children exposed to porn.
>>> suspect that they are responsible however because they use WinMX to

>> download
>>> music etc and as I don't visit porn sites, I haven't any other
>>> explanation
>>> for my recent probs! I don't even know if this message will upload
>>> because
>>> when I try to post stuff on other groups, I get an error message telling

>> me
>>> that a problem was encountered! A bit of a mess all round then. Can
>>> anyone
>>> help me please?
>>>

>> visit this link:
>> http://hijackthis.de/index.php?langselect=english
>> copy and paste the hijack this log into the text field on that page and
>> click "analyze" that should find any nasteis on your system. in the app
>> itself: look for the baddies (which are marked on thatpage displayed
>> after
>> analysing), tick them and have hijack this fix them.
>>

> As a quick brute force solution, in WinXP enable control panel/internet
> properties/content/content advisor (approved sites) tab. I can't remember
> if it's available in previous Win versions.

Sorry. Meant for OP.

Brian

"mickey" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:ci9e92$obc$(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Brian" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >
> > "mickey" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > news:ci95vp$k8e$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > I have been experiencing a lot of recent problems, the worst of which
> > > happened today when my Google homepage changed to a porn search page!

> > > clearly have an infection of some sort but I just can't get my system
> > > cleaned no matter what Spy Search or Ad-ware I run. I can't understand

> the
> > > Hijack This log and I certainly don#t want my children exposed to

porn.
> > > suspect that they are responsible however because they use WinMX to

> > download
> > > music etc and as I don't visit porn sites, I haven't any other

> explanation
> > > for my recent probs! I don't even know if this message will upload

> because
> > > when I try to post stuff on other groups, I get an error message

telling
> > me
> > > that a problem was encountered! A bit of a mess all round then. Can

> anyone
> > > help me please?
> > >

> > visit this link:
> > http://hijackthis.de/index.php?langselect=english
> > copy and paste the hijack this log into the text field on that page and
> > click "analyze" that should find any nasteis on your system. in the app
> > itself: look for the baddies (which are marked on thatpage displayed

after
> > analysing), tick them and have hijack this fix them.

> Hi Brian. I did what you suggested and analysed the logfile. I then

"fixed"
> everything I was advised to but the problem has now got worse! My home

page
> just can't be changed back to Google permanently. When I use my Internet
> Options to do so and then open IE, the Porn searchpage comes back up. And

> make matters worse, I had to go out for a few minutes there and my 11 year
> old son (who is off school with a bug) had opened it up and this filth was
> sitting on my desktop! I am in a real quandary here and need help

urgently!
> Anybody.......please!
> Oh, and another slighter prob, I downloaded the most recent version of
> Hijack this on Sunday night but this analysis tells me that I don't have

the
> latest version?

do an online scan:
http://housecall.trendmicro.com

try the following.
What is spyware : http://www.spychecker.com/spyware.html

SpyBot-S&D : http://www.webattack.com/download/dlspybot.shtml

Ad-aware : http://www.webattack.com/download/dladaware.shtml

Trojan Remover : http://www.simplysup.com/

HijackThis : http://www.webattack.com/download/dlhijackthis.shtml

KL-Detector : http://www.webattack.com/download/dlkldetector.shtml

X-Cleaner Free : http://www.webattack.com/download/dlxcleaner.shtml

SpywareBlaster : http://www.webattack.com/download/dl...eblaster.shtml

SpywareGuard : http://www.webattack.com/download/dlspywareguard.shtml

SpySites : http://www.webattack.com/download/dlspysites.shtml

Keylogger Hunter : http://www.webattack.com/download/dlklhunter.shtml

Spycop: http://www.spycop.com/

BHODemon : http://www.spywareinfo.com/downloads/bhod/

Browser Hijack Blaster : http://www.wilderssecurity.net/bhblaster.html

Goodbye Spy : http://www.topshareware.com/GoodBye-...nload-2012.htm

CWShredder :
http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/c...tml#cwshredder

Other spyware removal instructions :
http://www.pchell.com/support/click2findnow.shtml

Brian

"mickey" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:ci9e92$obc$(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Brian" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >
> > "mickey" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > news:ci95vp$k8e$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > I have been experiencing a lot of recent problems, the worst of which
> > > happened today when my Google homepage changed to a porn search page!

> > > clearly have an infection of some sort but I just can't get my system
> > > cleaned no matter what Spy Search or Ad-ware I run. I can't understand

> the
> > > Hijack This log and I certainly don#t want my children exposed to

porn.
> > > suspect that they are responsible however because they use WinMX to

> > download
> > > music etc and as I don't visit porn sites, I haven't any other

> explanation
> > > for my recent probs! I don't even know if this message will upload

> because
> > > when I try to post stuff on other groups, I get an error message

telling
> > me
> > > that a problem was encountered! A bit of a mess all round then. Can

> anyone
> > > help me please?
> > >

> > visit this link:
> > http://hijackthis.de/index.php?langselect=english
> > copy and paste the hijack this log into the text field on that page and
> > click "analyze" that should find any nasteis on your system. in the app
> > itself: look for the baddies (which are marked on thatpage displayed

after
> > analysing), tick them and have hijack this fix them.

> Hi Brian. I did what you suggested and analysed the logfile. I then

"fixed"
> everything I was advised to but the problem has now got worse! My home

page
> just can't be changed back to Google permanently. When I use my Internet
> Options to do so and then open IE, the Porn searchpage comes back up. And

> make matters worse, I had to go out for a few minutes there and my 11 year
> old son (who is off school with a bug) had opened it up and this filth was
> sitting on my desktop! I am in a real quandary here and need help

urgently!
> Anybody.......please!
> Oh, and another slighter prob, I downloaded the most recent version of
> Hijack this on Sunday night but this analysis tells me that I don't have

the
> latest version?

or even:
http://www.pestscan.com/
google around for free online ad/malware scanners. there are quite a few
good ones.

mickey

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "mickey" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> news:ci9e92$obc$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > "Brian" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > >
> > > "mickey" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > > news:ci95vp$k8e$(E-Mail Removed)...

which

page!

system

understand
> > the

> porn.
> > > download

> > explanation

> > because

> telling
> > > me

> > anyone
> > > >

> > > visit this link:
> > > http://hijackthis.de/index.php?langselect=english
> > > copy and paste the hijack this log into the text field on that page

and
> > > click "analyze" that should find any nasteis on your system. in the

app
> > > itself: look for the baddies (which are marked on thatpage displayed

> after
> > > analysing), tick them and have hijack this fix them.

> > Hi Brian. I did what you suggested and analysed the logfile. I then

> "fixed"
> > everything I was advised to but the problem has now got worse! My home

> page
> > just can't be changed back to Google permanently. When I use my Internet
> > Options to do so and then open IE, the Porn searchpage comes back up.

And
> > make matters worse, I had to go out for a few minutes there and my 11

year
> > old son (who is off school with a bug) had opened it up and this filth

was
> > sitting on my desktop! I am in a real quandary here and need help

> urgently!
> > Anybody.......please!
> > Oh, and another slighter prob, I downloaded the most recent version of
> > Hijack this on Sunday night but this analysis tells me that I don't have

> the
> > latest version?
> >

> or even:
> http://www.pestscan.com/
> google around for free online ad/malware scanners. there are quite a few
> good ones.

Nothing is helping! When I run Hijack This and see the offending stuff, when
I Fix it and do a new scan, it is still there? HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brian

"mickey" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:ci9k6q$chq$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Brian" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >
> > "mickey" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > news:ci9e92$obc$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > "Brian" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> which

> page!

> system

> understand
> > > the

> > porn.

> > > explanation
> > > because

> > telling

Can
> > > anyone

> and

> app

> > after
> > >
> > > Hi Brian. I did what you suggested and analysed the logfile. I then

> > "fixed"
> > > everything I was advised to but the problem has now got worse! My home

> > page
> > > just can't be changed back to Google permanently. When I use my

Internet
> > > Options to do so and then open IE, the Porn searchpage comes back up.

> And
> > > make matters worse, I had to go out for a few minutes there and my 11

> year
> > > old son (who is off school with a bug) had opened it up and this filth

> was
> > > sitting on my desktop! I am in a real quandary here and need help

> > urgently!
> > > Anybody.......please!
> > > Oh, and another slighter prob, I downloaded the most recent version of
> > > Hijack this on Sunday night but this analysis tells me that I don't

have
> > the
> > > latest version?
> > >

> > or even:
> > http://www.pestscan.com/
> > google around for free online ad/malware scanners. there are quite a few
> > good ones.

> Nothing is helping! When I run Hijack This and see the offending stuff,

when
> I Fix it and do a new scan, it is still there? HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

turn your system restore off before scanning and fixing. then you can turn
it back on after removal.

mickey

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "mickey" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> news:ci9e92$obc$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > "Brian" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > >
> > > "mickey" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > > news:ci95vp$k8e$(E-Mail Removed)...

which

page!

system

understand
> > the

> porn.
> > > download

> > explanation

> > because

> telling
> > > me

> > anyone
> > > >

> > > visit this link:
> > > http://hijackthis.de/index.php?langselect=english
> > > copy and paste the hijack this log into the text field on that page

and
> > > click "analyze" that should find any nasteis on your system. in the

app
> > > itself: look for the baddies (which are marked on thatpage displayed

> after
> > > analysing), tick them and have hijack this fix them.

> > Hi Brian. I did what you suggested and analysed the logfile. I then

> "fixed"
> > everything I was advised to but the problem has now got worse! My home

> page
> > just can't be changed back to Google permanently. When I use my Internet
> > Options to do so and then open IE, the Porn searchpage comes back up.

And
> > make matters worse, I had to go out for a few minutes there and my 11

year
> > old son (who is off school with a bug) had opened it up and this filth

was
> > sitting on my desktop! I am in a real quandary here and need help

> urgently!
> > Anybody.......please!
> > Oh, and another slighter prob, I downloaded the most recent version of
> > Hijack this on Sunday night but this analysis tells me that I don't have

> the
> > latest version?
> >

> or even:
> http://www.pestscan.com/
> google around for free online ad/malware scanners. there are quite a few
> good ones.

Thanks for the help Brian. I got nothing from Trend either but I seem to
have resolved my problem for now. I started up in safe Mode and using either
SpyBot or Adware (can't remember which) I changed the names of the offending
start-up pages to Google and it seems to have done the trick. Only thing is,
I am now scared it will all happen again when I am not about. It's a great
pity that we can't detect where this filth comes from and do something about
it. Porn is okay for consenting adults but when young children are
innocently exposed to it, someone should be made pay! Thanks again and also
to anyone else who took the time to offer assistance to me.

crazy browser go crazy dr greg Computer Support 7 01-14-2005 09:13 PM
Crazy stuff Chumbo C Programming 32 11-16-2004 03:57 PM
Something Crazy Happened !!! nikoli Firefox 0 12-12-2003 04:22 AM
------- Crazy XP ------- HELP !!!!!!! Pavel Microsoft Certification 4 09-30-2003 02:28 PM

Advertisments