Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Testing

Testing

Robin Hood

Can anyone recommend a program (preferably freeware) that will test the
memory in a PC running XP. I tried a few I found by searching, but I can't
say I was impressed by them.

Ingeborg

"Robin Hood" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:4146cf23$0$20254$(E-Mail Removed):

> Can anyone recommend a program (preferably freeware) that will test
> the memory in a PC running XP. I tried a few I found by searching, but
> I can't say I was impressed by them.

You can't test memory while running XP. You'll have to create a bootfloppy
or -CD running dos, containing the memory tester. You could use Memtest86
<www.memtest86.com>

Sandy Cox

Robin Hood wrote:
<snip>

Go to alt.test for testing of post or I will report you.

(E-Mail Removed)

Ilford ADSL dymanic IP address pool.

Paul - xxx

Sandy Cox vaguely muttered something like ...
> Robin Hood wrote:
> <snip>
>
> Go to alt.test for testing of post or I will report you.
>
> (E-Mail Removed)
> (E-Mail Removed)
>
> Ilford ADSL dymanic IP address pool.

St00pidity comes in many forms ...

--
Paul ...

(8(|) Homer Rules !!!

SwissTony

"Sandy Cox" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Robin Hood wrote:
> <snip>
>
> Go to alt.test for testing of post or I will report you.
>
> (E-Mail Removed)
> (E-Mail Removed)
>
> Ilford ADSL dymanic IP address pool.

Sandy Cox did you actually read his post before replying?????
Try reading first

Sandy Cox

Paul - xxx wrote:
> Sandy Cox vaguely muttered something like ...
>> Robin Hood wrote:
>> <snip>
>>
>> Go to alt.test for testing of post or I will report you.
>>
>> (E-Mail Removed)
>> (E-Mail Removed)
>>
>> Ilford ADSL dymanic IP address pool.

> St00pidity comes in many forms ...

Robin Hood should NOT be testing in this group,
that's what alt.test is for!

Read his subject line, dufus.

Sandy Cox

SwissTony wrote:
> "Sandy Cox" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Robin Hood wrote:
>> <snip>
>>
>> Go to alt.test for testing of post or I will report you.
>>
>> (E-Mail Removed)
>> (E-Mail Removed)
>>
>> Ilford ADSL dymanic IP address pool.
>>

> Sandy Cox did you actually read his post before replying?????

No. Read Robin Hood's subject line though.

> Try reading first

No. I did.

Scraggy

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...album1/Are.jpg

--
Most fools think they are only ignorant.
-- Benjamin Franklin

Paul - xxx

Sandy Cox vaguely muttered something like ...
> Paul - xxx wrote:
>> Sandy Cox vaguely muttered something like ...
>>> Robin Hood wrote:
>>> <snip>
>>>
>>> Go to alt.test for testing of post or I will report you.
>>>
>>> (E-Mail Removed)
>>> (E-Mail Removed)
>>>
>>> Ilford ADSL dymanic IP address pool.

>> St00pidity comes in many forms ...

> Robin Hood should NOT be testing in this group,
> that's what alt.test is for!

He's not Testing in the newsgroup or testing his posting ability ... The
subject is Testing, the post is asking how to test Ram. IMHO he may have
probably used a better subject line, but his post is not worthy of anyone
sending an abuse reort in, thus abusing the system and making _real_ abuse
reports have just that little bit less chance of being acted upon. Spurious
netkkkopping does no-one any good whatsoever.

> Read his subject line,

Read the whole post .. and take the subject line into context, st00pid
****wit.

> dufus.

Heheheh, I'm a dufus .. I'm finally a dufus, thanks, man, I've been wanting
to be one for a long time ... I'd have preferred to be a Dufus, but hey,
what's a capital or two between friends.

--
Paul ...

(8(|) Homer Rules !!!

Cunning Linguist

Paul - xxx wrote:
>> Read the whole post .. and take the subject line into context,
>> st00pid ****wit.

(E-Mail Removed)
(E-Mail Removed)

Abusive language. Tut tut..