Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Windows Activation

Windows Activation

JackN

New home build computer. Genuine Win XP Home edition. Will not let the user
log on now because Windows has not been activated. Anyway around this? The
machine is not online and she cannot get through on the 'phone lines.

°Mike°

Pirated copy? No? Then activate it.

How to activate Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=307890

On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 19:36:33 +0000 (UTC), in
<ci4ss1$hfv$(E-Mail Removed)>
JackN scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

JackN

Problem solved. She got through to Microsoft on the 'phone.

Blinky the Shark

JackN wrote:

> Problem solved. She got through to Microsoft on the 'phone.

The real problem has not been solved: that you have to get permission
from the computer's real owner (MS) for making those hardware upgrades.

--
Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

Go Blue

Mikish

Blinky the Shark <(E-Mail Removed)> impressed us all with the following
remark:

> JackN wrote:
>
> > Problem solved. She got through to Microsoft on the 'phone.

> The real problem has not been solved: that you have to get permission
> from the computer's real owner (MS) for making those hardware upgrades.

Don't pick on Bill!

Timberwolf

"Mikish" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Blinky the Shark <(E-Mail Removed)> impressed us all with the following
> remark:
>
>> JackN wrote:
>>
>> > Problem solved. She got through to Microsoft on the 'phone.

>> The real problem has not been solved: that you have to get permission
>> from the computer's real owner (MS) for making those hardware upgrades.

> Don't pick on Bill!

sqool

It is alleged that sometime during Mon, 13 Sep 2004 20:46:27 +0000, Blinky
the Shark wrote this:

> JackN wrote:
>
>> Problem solved. She got through to Microsoft on the 'phone.

> The real problem has not been solved: that you have to get permission from
> the computer's real owner (MS) for making those hardware upgrades.

Crazy isn't it!

--
Reclaim your computer!-
http://linuxnotjustforgeeks.org/

Mikish

"Timberwolf" <(E-Mail Removed)> impressed us all with the following
remark:

Have you ever heard of anyone *not* being allowed to activate if they had a
legit copy even after many reinstalls and hardware changes?

--

> "Mikish" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Blinky the Shark <(E-Mail Removed)> impressed us all with the following
> > remark:

> >> The real problem has not been solved: that you have to get permission
> >> from the computer's real owner (MS) for making those hardware upgrades.

> > Don't pick on Bill!

Ron Martell

"Timberwolf" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,4149,462414,00.asp

That article is over 2 years old and does not include any of the
changes to activation that were made in SP1 and SP2.

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--
Microsoft MVP
On-Line Help Computer Service

DC

JackN wrote:
> Problem solved. She got through to Microsoft on the 'phone.

Damn. I've misplaced Linus' number, again. I sure hope my system
doesn't shut me out before I finis%@#@&*NO CARRIER

--
DC Linux RU #1000111011000111001

Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with Windows.