Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > daemon tools

daemon tools

tomm

I use daemon tools and put it on a friends PC to introduce them to image
files. On my PC when I mount a PC game I get the games "splash" screen
asking whether to install , play, quit etc. But on my friends PC all it does
is show the actual files on the cd and it has to be started by clicking on
the autorun file.
Any idea how I can get daemon to autorun the image rather than just open
it up?

Ingeborg

"tomm" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:4145e638$0$20246$(E-Mail Removed):

> I use daemon tools and put it on a friends PC to introduce them to
> image files. On my PC when I mount a PC game I get the games "splash"
> screen asking whether to install , play, quit etc. But on my friends
> PC all it does is show the actual files on the cd and it has to be
> started by clicking on the autorun file.
> Any idea how I can get daemon to autorun the image rather than just
> open
> it up?

It's not deamon which autoruns the image, it's Windows' action on cd
insertion. You can use TweakUI->Paranoia to check if autorun is enabled.