Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > My desktop icons have disappeared on my PC

My desktop icons have disappeared on my PC

rita goldman

I have a Win ME pc.

My 9 year old daughter was on my PC trying to get a new screen saver.

I do not what she did but all my desktop icons are gone. How can I get them back ?

I have just a blue screen with the start button.

Thanks in advance for your help.

rita

°Mike°

Has she set 'Active Desktop' and 'Hide Icons' when
Active Desktop is enabled? Right click on your
desktop and check the options.

On 12 Sep 2004 17:05:41 -0700, in
<(E-Mail Removed) >
rita goldman scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Smoker

"rita goldman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> I have a Win ME pc.
>
> My 9 year old daughter was on my PC trying to get a new screen saver.
>
> I do not what she did but all my desktop icons are gone. How can I get

them back ?

> I have just a blue screen with the start button.
>
> Thanks in advance for your help.

Download TweakUI and try using the Repairs in it.

Buffalo

"rita goldman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> I have a Win ME pc.
>
> My 9 year old daughter was on my PC trying to get a new screen

saver.

> I do not what she did but all my desktop icons are gone. How can I

get them back ?

> I have just a blue screen with the start button.
>
> Thanks in advance for your help.
>
> rita

If it just happened, why not try the Restore feature that WinME has?
The other posters ideas are good and maybe even simpler.

CPR4Comp CPR4Comp is offline
Junior Member

Windows Vista (Desktop Icons Hidden)

Right Click Desktop