Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Germs on your toilet brush

Germs on your toilet brush

joevan

Is that a problem, and should we keep it out of our soup pot?
I wonder if that is what the advertisers think we will use our toilet
brush for when they warn us of such. GD tv ads. Sad stuff. GD AD
people.
joevan

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

joevan wrote:
> Is that a problem, and should we keep it out of our soup pot?
> I wonder if that is what the advertisers think we will use our toilet
> brush for when they warn us of such. GD tv ads. Sad stuff. GD AD
> people.
> joevan

Kind of makes me long for the days when it wasn't allowed to advertise
women on their period talking about leaks, people with diarrhea grabbing
their asses, toilet paper that does a better job of wiping because it's
pre-moistened, etc etc. But what ****es me more is watching cable TV and
with every advertising break comes two or three ads telling us how great
cable TV is.

Mara

On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 18:49:14 -0400, Rgr wrote:

>joevan wrote:
>> Is that a problem, and should we keep it out of our soup pot?
>> I wonder if that is what the advertisers think we will use our toilet
>> brush for when they warn us of such. GD tv ads. Sad stuff. GD AD
>> people.
>> joevan

>Kind of makes me long for the days when it wasn't allowed to advertise
>women on their period talking about leaks, people with diarrhea grabbing
>their asses, toilet paper that does a better job of wiping because it's
>pre-moistened, etc etc. But what ****es me more is watching cable TV and
>with every advertising break comes two or three ads telling us how great
>cable TV is.

Man, I'm glad I've got satellite. Gah.

--
http://groups.google.com/groups?th=a7a10e1cb425ee6e
http://howtofixcomputers.com/bb/forum19.html

Lord Denby Foffinggold-Chimmlelack

Mara, the scruffy, low-voltage hamster and vagrant and gentleman of the
road, chimed in:

| Man, I'm glad I've got satellite. Gah.

So are we, now **** off and watch some crap rather than posting your drivel
here.

is but a dream within a dream.

WormWood

"Mara" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 18:49:14 -0400, Rgr wrote:
>
>>joevan wrote:
>>> Is that a problem, and should we keep it out of our soup pot?
>>> I wonder if that is what the advertisers think we will use our
>>> toilet
>>> brush for when they warn us of such. GD tv ads. Sad stuff. GD AD
>>> people.
>>> joevan

>>Kind of makes me long for the days when it wasn't allowed to advertise
>>women on their period talking about leaks, people with diarrhea
>>grabbing
>>their asses, toilet paper that does a better job of wiping because
>>it's
>>pre-moistened, etc etc. But what ****es me more is watching cable TV
>>and
>>with every advertising break comes two or three ads telling us how
>>great
>>cable TV is.

> Man, I'm glad I've got satellite. Gah.

I have both satellite and cable. I see no difference in the number of
ads between the two unless you have subscribed to certain premium
channels, available on either.

> http://howtofixcomputers.com/bb/forum19.html
> howtofixcomputers.com is bogus.

Isn't this sig more likely to get this shithead more hits, which he
wants in order to attract more advertisers?

joevan

On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 19:40:37 -0400, "WormWood" <jojo@..com-de-com.com>
wrote:

>Isn't this sig more likely to get this shithead more hits, which he
>wants in order to attract more advertisers?

I think the thing has been taken down. So the question is moot.
joevan

WormWood

"joevan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 19:40:37 -0400, "WormWood" <jojo@..com-de-com.com>
> wrote:
>
>>Isn't this sig more likely to get this shithead more hits, which he
>>wants in order to attract more advertisers?
>>

> I think the thing has been taken down. So the question is moot.
> joevan

Thanks

Mara

On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 19:40:37 -0400, WormWood wrote:

>"Mara" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .

>>>Kind of makes me long for the days when it wasn't allowed to advertise
>>>women on their period talking about leaks, people with diarrhea
>>>grabbing
>>>their asses, toilet paper that does a better job of wiping because
>>>it's
>>>pre-moistened, etc etc. But what ****es me more is watching cable TV
>>>and
>>>with every advertising break comes two or three ads telling us how
>>>great
>>>cable TV is.

>> Man, I'm glad I've got satellite. Gah.
>>

>I have both satellite and cable. I see no difference in the number of
>ads between the two unless you have subscribed to certain premium
>channels, available on either.

I don't see many ads on mine. I have a 2nd tier package - no movie channels.

<snip>
>> howtofixcomputers.com is bogus.

>Isn't this sig more likely to get this shithead more hits, which he
>wants in order to attract more advertisers?

I suppose so, since you edited the sig. There are *two* links in there, not one,
and there's a reason for that. Editing a post, *or* a sig, that isn't your own,
whether in order to make it appear that it says something it doesn't, or to make
it appear as if it says what *you* want it to say and not what it actually does,
isn't very ethical.

--
http://groups.google.com/groups?th=a7a10e1cb425ee6e
http://howtofixcomputers.com/bb/forum19.html
howtofixcomputers.com is bogus.

Mike

On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 18:48:56 -0500, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
Mara scrawled:

>On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 19:40:37 -0400, WormWood wrote:

<snip>

>>Isn't this sig more likely to get this shithead more hits, which he
>>wants in order to attract more advertisers?

>I suppose so, since you edited the sig. There are *two* links in there, not one,
>and there's a reason for that. Editing a post, *or* a sig, that isn't your own,
>whether in order to make it appear that it says something it doesn't, or to make
>it appear as if it says what *you* want it to say and not what it actually does,
>isn't very ethical.

But you *are* still flying the flag (so to speak) for them;
they have removed *this* group from their forums, and
your continued use of those signatures is almost certainly
having the *opposite* effect to that which I suspect you
intend. Even negative publicity can be good publicity.

--
Let sleeping dogs lie.

Mara

On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 01:16:59 +0100, Mike wrote:

>On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 18:48:56 -0500, in
> <(E-Mail Removed)>
> Mara scrawled:
>
>>On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 19:40:37 -0400, WormWood wrote:

><snip>
>
>>>Isn't this sig more likely to get this shithead more hits, which he
>>>wants in order to attract more advertisers?

>>I suppose so, since you edited the sig. There are *two* links in there, not one,
>>and there's a reason for that. Editing a post, *or* a sig, that isn't your own,
>>whether in order to make it appear that it says something it doesn't, or to make
>>it appear as if it says what *you* want it to say and not what it actually does,
>>isn't very ethical.

>But you *are* still flying the flag (so to speak) for them;
>they have removed *this* group from their forums, and
>your continued use of those signatures is almost certainly
>having the *opposite* effect to that which I suspect you
>intend. Even negative publicity can be good publicity.

I had originally intended to use the sig until they had removed feeds to all the
groups they'd taken, but I see this isn't going to happen anyway. So, very well;
off with the sig.

I was thought to be 'stuck up.' I wasn't. I was just sure of myself.
This is and always has been an unforgivable quality to the unsure.
-- Bette Davis