Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > PS2 Gamers -- Any USB Headset With Voice Command Games?

PS2 Gamers -- Any USB Headset With Voice Command Games?

Blinky the Shark

I suspect the "official"/"compatible" mic/headset combos for SOCOM Navy
Seals (and other voice-command games) are normal USB mic/headset combos
with prices jacked up to reflect the "Works with these games..." logos
on the packaging. True? False? Am I too cynical? Nah, let's just
stick with T/F for now.

--
Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

Go Blue

Scrote

Blinky the Shark wrote:
>> I suspect the "official"/"compatible" mic/headset combos for SOCOM
>> Navy Seals (and other voice-command games) are normal USB
>> mic/headset combos with prices jacked up to reflect the "Works with
>> these games..." logos on the packaging. True? False? Am I too
>> cynical? Nah, let's just stick with T/F for now.
>>
>> --
>> Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
>>
>> Go Blue

False(ish) in the case of Sidewinder Gamevoice (
http://www.gamevoice.com/gamevoice.asp ). It gives the ability to use
different channels for different groups in the game (MG group, Snipers
etc) uses MSN/Win Mess as backbone. Gives you configurable voice command
for each game. The other plus, if you're not using surround sound, is
that it has a speaker/headset switch. Works well
--
Twas a woman who drove me to drink.
I never had the courtesy to thank her.

Scrote

Scrote wrote:

>> False(ish) in the case of Sidewinder Gamevoice (
>> http://www.gamevoice.com/gamevoice.asp ). It gives the ability to use
>> different channels for different groups in the game (MG group,
>> Snipers etc) uses MSN/Win Mess as backbone. Gives you configurable
>> voice command for each game. The other plus, if you're not using
>> surround sound, is that it has a speaker/headset switch. Works well

Duuuh, now is not a good time to notice "PS2" Sorry!
--

Scrote wrote:
> Scrote wrote:

>>> False(ish) in the case of Sidewinder Gamevoice (
>>> http://www.gamevoice.com/gamevoice.asp ). It gives the ability to use
>>> different channels for different groups in the game (MG group,
>>> Snipers etc) uses MSN/Win Mess as backbone. Gives you configurable
>>> voice command for each game. The other plus, if you're not using
>>> surround sound, is that it has a speaker/headset switch. Works well

> Duuuh, now is not a good time to notice "PS2" Sorry!

Glad I looked here before replying "Uhhh..." to the first reply.