Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > PCI Simple Communications Controller

PCI Simple Communications Controller

BT

Am struggling to install PCI modem. When windows boots new hardware wizard
starts and finds PCI simple communications contoller.

Have downloaded latest Modem drivers from manufacturers website and point
the wizard to the folder the driver has been installed in.

All I get is that the wizard says that in this location the drivers cannot
be found.

Any help please?

Ingeborg

"BT" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:ci1ea7$ekt$(E-Mail Removed):

> Am struggling to install PCI modem. When windows boots new hardware
> wizard starts and finds PCI simple communications contoller.
>
> Have downloaded latest Modem drivers from manufacturers website and
> point the wizard to the folder the driver has been installed in.
>
> All I get is that the wizard says that in this location the drivers
> cannot be found.
>
> Any help please?

There should be an .inf file at that location. If not there, maybe you have
to extract something (a .zip, .cab, .rar file) or execute (a .exe or .msi)