Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Full Screen

Full Screen

St. George

Hi,

Would appreciate help with OE.

I am able to view the panel in full screen. However whenever I select a
message it opens unexpanded and I have to expand on every occasion any
thoughts ?

Thank you in anticipation.

Have a good day,

Happppppppppppy Everythings,

Len.

°Mike°

Tools / Options / Read tab.
Check 'Automatically expand grouped messages'.

On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 07:41:16 +0100, in
<chribq$2rk$(E-Mail Removed)>
"St. George" <St. http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)> scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

St. George

Mike,

Many thanks but think you may have misunderstood.
In my version of OE your advice expands the string to include the headers of
all replies etc.
What I am looking for is whenever I open a message, either in newsgroup or
mail, then the entire screen is taken up with this message.
At the moment I have to expand each and every message when I open it. My
expand I mean top left between minimise and delete - think it is sometimes
called maximise.

Thanks once again.

Len

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Tools / Options / Read tab.
> Check 'Automatically expand grouped messages'.
>

> On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 07:41:16 +0100, in
> <chribq$2rk$(E-Mail Removed)>
> "St. George" <St. (E-Mail Removed)> scrawled:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >Would appreciate help with OE.
> >
> >I am able to view the panel in full screen. However whenever I select a
> >message it opens unexpanded and I have to expand on every occasion any
> >thoughts ?
> >
> >Thank you in anticipation.
> >
> >Have a good day,
> >
> >Happppppppppppy Everythings,
> >
> >Len.
> >

> --
> Basic computer maintenance

Liz

"St. George" wrote

> What I am looking for is whenever I open a message, either in newsgroup or
> mail, then the entire screen is taken up with this message.
> At the moment I have to expand each and every message when I open it. My
> expand I mean top left between minimise and delete - think it is sometimes
> called maximise.

Sounds like you have preview pane turned off.
The "Preview Pane" is an area of the screen where
you can see the contents of a message as soon
as you clicking on it.

If you do not see a Preview button on your toolbar,
go to View> Layout> put a check next to "Show Preview Pane".
Or right-click on toolbar, select Customize, and then
add the Preview button to your toolbar.

You can click on the "Preview" button to turn the
show preview pane feature on and off.

Also see Outlook Express warning
http://tinyurl.com/6ukgc

Jersey

Liz <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> "St. George" wrote
>
>> What I am looking for is whenever I open a message, either in
>> newsgroup or mail, then the entire screen is taken up with this
>> message.

Open a message, and hover your mouse over the top/bottom/side edges of the
message window until you see a double-pointer.

Hold the left mouse-button down, and drag each edge to the desired position.

You're all set.

Windows doesn't seem to "remember" maximize, but it *does* "remember" if you
actually drag the edges of any active pane.

>> At the moment I have to expand each and every message when I open
>> it. My expand I mean top left between minimise and delete - think
>> it is sometimes called maximise.

> Sounds like you have preview pane turned off.
> The "Preview Pane" is an area of the screen where
> you can see the contents of a message as soon
> as you clicking on it.

Preview Pane *"OFF"*, is as it should be. You should *NEVER* run OE with
the preview pane allowed if you're connected to anything other than an
Intranet.

> If you do not see a Preview button on your toolbar,

This is a good thing.

<snip bad advice and "warning" about activating the preview pane in OE>

St. George

"> > "St. George" wrote

> >> What I am looking for is whenever I open a message, either in
> >> newsgroup or mail, then the entire screen is taken up with this
> >> message.

> Open a message, and hover your mouse over the top/bottom/side edges of the
> message window until you see a double-pointer.
>
> Hold the left mouse-button down, and drag each edge to the desired

position.

> You're all set.
>
> Windows doesn't seem to "remember" maximize, but it *does* "remember" if

you
> actually drag the edges of any active pane.

BINGO.

Mannnnnnnnnnnny Thanks Jersey.

Have a Super Day.

Happpppppppppppppppppppppppppy Everythings,

Len, Weston-SUPER-Mare

St. George

Liz,

Thank you for your input.

Jersey had the right answer. See the thread.

Best wishes and Happpppppppppppy Everythings.

Len.

"Liz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Wcp0d.221789$(E-Mail Removed). ..
> "St. George" wrote
>
> > What I am looking for is whenever I open a message, either in newsgroup

or
> > mail, then the entire screen is taken up with this message.
> > At the moment I have to expand each and every message when I open it.

My
> > expand I mean top left between minimise and delete - think it is

sometimes
> > called maximise.

> Sounds like you have preview pane turned off.
> The "Preview Pane" is an area of the screen where
> you can see the contents of a message as soon
> as you clicking on it.
>
> If you do not see a Preview button on your toolbar,
> go to View> Layout> put a check next to "Show Preview Pane".
> Or right-click on toolbar, select Customize, and then
> add the Preview button to your toolbar.
>
> You can click on the "Preview" button to turn the
> show preview pane feature on and off.
>
> Also see Outlook Express warning
> http://tinyurl.com/6ukgc

Liz

"Jersey" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote

> Liz <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > If you do not see a Preview button on your toolbar,

> This is a good thing.
>
> <snip bad advice and "warning" about activating the preview pane in OE>

You're overacting, Jessy. My original unedited post
explained what is preview pane, how to turn it on and off,
and the potential risks. I did not *advice* OP what to do
as I wasn't sure what he meant by seeing full screen.

Preview pane does not give you a virus. However,
opening unknown attachments can get you into trouble
and this can happen even if the preview is disabled.

The problem with preview pane could be tricked into
executing code on your system without opening an attachment,
Microsoft has patched that security hole.

It's the knowledge and awareness keep a user safe,
post-editing and snipping a link helps nobody. BTW,
the link you snipped is about "how to disable the
preview pane", it's not about activating preview.