Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Reset my computer

Reset my computer

Scottie

How do I get my computer to reset back to the original settings that I had
when I bought it from the shop? I want to set the original settings back to
2/9/04. I can only find a setting that says; I can boot-up using the last
setting that worked " I am talking about the settings when I boot-up in safe
mode". My computer boots up fine, it's just that I do not have the know-all
to change things when I get conflicts and I think it would be easier to go
back to that date? I am using XP home addition. Please could you tell me
step by step. Thank's for any help.

JIM

Start
Programs
Accessories
System tools
System Restore
Jim

"Scottie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:CLX%c.198$(E-Mail Removed)...
> How do I get my computer to reset back to the original settings that I had
> when I bought it from the shop? I want to set the original settings back

> 2/9/04. I can only find a setting that says; I can boot-up using the last
> setting that worked " I am talking about the settings when I boot-up in

safe
> mode". My computer boots up fine, it's just that I do not have the

know-all
> to change things when I get conflicts and I think it would be easier to go
> back to that date? I am using XP home addition. Please could you tell me
> step by step. Thank's for any help.

Andy

JIM wrote:
>> Start
>> Programs
>> Accessories
>> System tools
>> System Restore
>> Jim

LOL

Try 'System Restore CD'. Quicker to type and gets the desired result.

norfolk.in.chance

Couldn't find a button marked "Jim"

"JIM" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:H3Y%c.119942$%(E-Mail Removed) t...
> Start
> Programs
> Accessories
> System tools
> System Restore
> Jim
>
> "Scottie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:CLX%c.198$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > How do I get my computer to reset back to the original settings that I

had
> > when I bought it from the shop? I want to set the original settings back

> > 2/9/04. I can only find a setting that says; I can boot-up using the

last
> > setting that worked " I am talking about the settings when I boot-up in

> safe
> > mode". My computer boots up fine, it's just that I do not have the

> know-all
> > to change things when I get conflicts and I think it would be easier to

go
> > back to that date? I am using XP home addition. Please could you tell me
> > step by step. Thank's for any help.

JIM

You Have to look hard to find Jim

"norfolk.in.chance" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:rGY%c.348$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Couldn't find a button marked "Jim"
>
> "JIM" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:H3Y%c.119942$%(E-Mail Removed) t...
> > Start
> > Programs
> > Accessories
> > System tools
> > System Restore
> > Jim
> >
> > "Scottie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:CLX%c.198$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > How do I get my computer to reset back to the original settings that I

> had
> > > when I bought it from the shop? I want to set the original settings

back
> > > 2/9/04. I can only find a setting that says; I can boot-up using the

> last
> > > setting that worked " I am talking about the settings when I boot-up

in
> > safe
> > > mode". My computer boots up fine, it's just that I do not have the

> > know-all
> > > to change things when I get conflicts and I think it would be easier

> go
> > > back to that date? I am using XP home addition. Please could you tell

me
> > > step by step. Thank's for any help.

JIM

Assuming that he has the Restore CD