Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Internet Explorer + Windows Explorer + Browsing

Internet Explorer + Windows Explorer + Browsing

Sad

I have win XP pro SP1 and recently updated it to sp2. The problem I
have came and is still with the original installation CD. I have zone
alarm installed and whenever I use internet explorer I can only browse
if I let windows explorer access the internet too. These are two of
the destination IP addresses that zone alarm throws up: 210.210.109.1
and 212.58.226.40 which are RIPE Network Coordination Centre and Asia
Pacific Network Information Centre. I have checked for viruses, worms
etc have Avast antivirus installed, tried AVG too. Have Prevx
installed, spybot, ad-aware. I use the windows Xp firewall and I have
a hardware firewall via a router. I did have a possible worm infextion
but the antivirus deleted that. Two questions I would like help with
1) Is it an infection and there a solution 2) Why would RIPE and APNIC
want access to my windows explorer?

Thanks in advance

°Mike°

Get rid of that Zone Alarm crap, and install a decent
software firewall.

Outpost 2.0
Outpost 1.0 (free)
www.agnitum.com/download/outpost1.html
Outpost Firewall Guide
http://outpostfirewall.com/guide/index.htm
AGNIS for Outpost: Outpost Ad Block List
http://www.staff.uiuc.edu/~ehowes/resource.htm#Outpost

On Wed, 08 Sep 2004 16:49:53 GMT, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
Sad scrawled: