Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > How Do I Transfer Saved Emails To A Floppy & Then Back?

How Do I Transfer Saved Emails To A Floppy & Then Back?

Hi,

I would like to get my saved emails off my hard drive and store them
somewhere else. Then I would like to bring them back on my hard drive
later. How do I do this? I'm using Outlook Express. Thanks.

Gordon

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:HAG%c.5$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I would like to get my saved emails off my hard drive and store them
> somewhere else. Then I would like to bring them back on my hard drive
> later. How do I do this? I'm using Outlook Express. Thanks.

http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/backup/index.htm

Duane Arnold

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:HAG%c.5$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I would like to get my saved emails off my hard drive and store them
> somewhere else. Then I would like to bring them back on my hard drive
> later. How do I do this? I'm using Outlook Express. Thanks.

It's called using OE's Import/Export File menu/Import Export -- look it
up using OE's Help on how to use.

Duane

Gordon

> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:HAG%c.5$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi,
> >
> > I would like to get my saved emails off my hard drive and store them
> > somewhere else. Then I would like to bring them back on my hard drive
> > later. How do I do this? I'm using Outlook Express. Thanks.
> >

> It's called using OE's Import/Export File menu/Import Export -- look it
> up using OE's Help on how to use.
>
> Duane

No it's NOT! Outlook Express Export function only exports to Outlook
(Office Outlook, NOT Outlook EXPRESS) or MS Exchange.

Duane Arnold

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Duane Arnold" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:HAG%c.5$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I would like to get my saved emails off my hard drive and store them
>> > somewhere else. Then I would like to bring them back on my hard drive
>> > later. How do I do this? I'm using Outlook Express. Thanks.
>> >

>> It's called using OE's Import/Export File menu/Import Export -- look
>> it
>> up using OE's Help on how to use.
>>
>> Duane
>>

> No it's NOT! Outlook Express Export function only exports to Outlook
> (Office Outlook, NOT Outlook EXPRESS) or MS Exchange.

Here it's not that big of a deal!

http://www.steve.maurer.net/tutorial...ving_email.htm

Duane

Gordon

> "Gordon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > "Duane Arnold" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >>
> >> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:HAG%c.5$(E-Mail Removed)...

drive

> >> It's called using OE's Import/Export File menu/Import Export -- look
> >> it
> >> up using OE's Help on how to use.
> >>
> >> Duane
> >>

> > No it's NOT! Outlook Express Export function only exports to Outlook
> > (Office Outlook, NOT Outlook EXPRESS) or MS Exchange.
> >

> Here it's not that big of a deal!
>
> http://www.steve.maurer.net/tutorial...ving_email.htm
>
> Duane

No, but your information was incorrect. And the Tomsterdam site has a much
better method than dragging from folder to folder.