Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Internet Explorer not reading javascript

Internet Explorer not reading javascript

Cam

I am having trouble with Internet Explorer 6.0 on Windows XP viewing
pages that contain content such as the webpage for windows update. I
get a blank screen with "Done" at the bottom. I also am unable to view
any of the selections in the drop down list for the Knowledge Base
Support area on the Microsoft web page and other drop down lists. I
recently had some problems while trying to update my subscription to
Norton Internet Security, but I have uninstalled the software and the
problem persists. I have no yet installed Service Pack 2 and am unable
to do so because of my problem. I am thinking that Explorer is having
problems with Javascript and ASP. Another issue is that the Help and
Support function on the Start menu will not work. I click it, get the
busy hourglass for a second and then nothing happens. Any ideas?
Thanks,
Cam

Duane Arnold

"Cam" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:chljbn$(E-Mail Removed):

> I am having trouble with Internet Explorer 6.0 on Windows XP viewing
> pages that contain content such as the webpage for windows update. I
> get a blank screen with "Done" at the bottom. I also am unable to view
> any of the selections in the drop down list for the Knowledge Base
> Support area on the Microsoft web page and other drop down lists. I
> recently had some problems while trying to update my subscription to
> Norton Internet Security, but I have uninstalled the software and the
> problem persists. I have no yet installed Service Pack 2 and am unable
> to do so because of my problem. I am thinking that Explorer is having
> problems with Javascript and ASP. Another issue is that the Help and
> Support function on the Start menu will not work. I click it, get the
> busy hourglass for a second and then nothing happens. Any ideas?
> Thanks,
> Cam

In Internet Options/Secuirty/Custom, is Active Scripting Enabled?

Duane