Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > lost the product key for word

lost the product key for word

tracey.copeland

Well i was advised by a friend to re install win xp due to some sort of
problem that he could not fix. Do not ask what the problem was as he made
little sense to me.
However all is well except for word as it no longer recognises the product
key. Therefore i am kinda stuck with a computer that i cannot use for my
post grad course that i am about to start.
Any help would be much appreciated

°Mike°

Open Office (free)
http://www.openoffice.org/

On Tue, 7 Sep 2004 17:37:39 +0000 (UTC), in
<chkrl3$b33$(E-Mail Removed)>
tracey.copeland scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Hamman

"tracey.copeland" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:chkrl3$b33$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Well i was advised by a friend to re install win xp due to some sort of
> problem that he could not fix. Do not ask what the problem was as he made
> little sense to me.
> However all is well except for word as it no longer recognises the product
> key. Therefore i am kinda stuck with a computer that i cannot use for my
> post grad course that i am about to start.
> Any help would be much appreciated

buy a new copy?

your uni should have a cheap rate for purchasing microsoft products. Derby,
for example allow you do download the CD images for free if you are on one
of thier courses.

hamman

Robin Hood

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Open Office (free)
> http://www.openoffice.org/

Of course it is free. No one in their right mind would pay for that rubbish.

DC

Robin Hood wrote:

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Open Office (free)
>> http://www.openoffice.org/

> Of course it is free. No one in their right mind would pay for that rubbish.

Care to back that up, troll?

--
DC Linux RU #1000111011000111001

Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with Windows.

SgtMinor

A friend, who made little sense, told me to send you this link:

"How to obtain a new product key for Office program setup"

"Don't ask me why I do this stuff..."

"tracey.copeland" wrote:

> Well i was advised by a friend to re install win xp due to some sort of
> problem that he could not fix. Do not ask what the problem was as he made
> little sense to me.
> However all is well except for word as it no longer recognises the product
> key. Therefore i am kinda stuck with a computer that i cannot use for my
> post grad course that i am about to start.
> Any help would be much appreciated

Robin Hood

"DC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
> Robin Hood wrote:
>
>> "°Mike°" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Open Office (free)
>>> http://www.openoffice.org/

>> Of course it is free. No one in their right mind would pay for that
>> rubbish.

> Care to back that up, troll?

If you ask politely rather than calling me a troll I might bother to go into
detail.

nUt

"Robin Hood" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:413e8c06$0$20248$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "DC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
> > Robin Hood wrote:
> >
> >> "°Mike°" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> >> Of course it is free. No one in their right mind would pay for that
> >> rubbish.

> > Care to back that up, troll?
> >

> If you ask politely rather than calling me a troll I might bother to go

into
> detail.

Please do.

°Mike°

On Tue, 7 Sep 2004 20:17:41 +0100, in
<413e0953$0$20254$(E-Mail Removed)>
Robin Hood scrawled:

>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Open Office (free)
>> http://www.openoffice.org/
>>

>Of course it is free. No one in their right mind would pay for that
>rubbish.

Like no-one in their right mind would listen to a troll.

PPOSTFU.

--
Basic computer maintenance

°Mike°

On Wed, 8 Sep 2004 05:35:21 +0100, in
<413e8c06$0$20248$(E-Mail Removed)>
Robin Hood scrawled:

>"DC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
>> Robin Hood wrote:
>>
>>> "°Mike°" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> Of course it is free. No one in their right mind would pay for that
>>> rubbish.

>> Care to back that up, troll?
>>

>If you ask politely rather than calling me a troll I might bother to go into
>detail.

Sure you might.

--
Basic computer maintenance