Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > .NET Framework Initialization error???????? New graphics card

.NET Framework Initialization error???????? New graphics card

Johnny8977

Hi all.

I've just installed a new graphics card, a Radeon 9800 Pro. After I restart
my PC at the prompt after its installed, I get an error straight away -
"C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\msco rwks.dll could not be
loaded".

I can click OK and everything seems fine, but when I try to open the ATI
Catalyst COntrol centre, the same message appears.

Is this affecting anything and if so how can I get rid of it?

Thanks for any help.

Duane Arnold

Johnny8977 wrote:

> Hi all.
>
> I've just installed a new graphics card, a Radeon 9800 Pro. After I
> restart my PC at the prompt after its installed, I get an error straight
> away - "C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\msco rwks.dll could
> not be loaded".
>
> I can click OK and everything seems fine, but when I try to open the ATI
> Catalyst COntrol centre, the same message appears.
>
> Is this affecting anything and if so how can I get rid of it?
>
> Thanks for any help.

The install of the .Net Framework may be corrupted and may need to be
un-installed and reinstalled. If you applied the XP SP2, did you do
the .Net Framework SP1 which came after XP's SP2? I am not talking about
the .Net Framework that was installed with XP's SP2. It was a separate
critical .NET Framework SP1 install. That's if you applied SP2 to the
machine.

http://www.quickbooks.com/support/faqs/clm/333104.html

The second issue it could be is that the .Net Developer is not aware of the
issue and did not apply a workaround for the .Net Application.

If you do reinstall the .Net Framework and apply all SP(s) for .Net and the
problem continues, then you should notify the manufacturer of the .Net
product/program solution as they may not be aware of the situation or there
may be a workaround that can be implemented.

Is it affecting anything else? The answer is NO. It's only affecting
that .Net Solution and it may or may not be working properly.

--
Duane

I am an *unregistered* Linux user. Unreg# $$,$$$,$$$,$$9.99

why?

On Tue, 7 Sep 2004 16:20:07 +0100, Johnny8977 wrote:

>Hi all.
>
>I've just installed a new graphics card, a Radeon 9800 Pro. After I restart
>my PC at the prompt after its installed, I get an error straight away -
>"C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\msc orwks.dll could not be
>loaded".
>
>I can click OK and everything seems fine, but when I try to open the ATI
>Catalyst COntrol centre, the same message appears.
>
>Is this affecting anything and if so how can I get rid of it?

If it's looking for a .NET Framework DLL possibly v1.1 (by the path)
maybe you don't have it installed, there is a problem reinstall it or
apply the update.

I can't remeber what version / SP it's at but it's in WIndows Update as
an option or try

http://msdn.microsoft.com/netframewo...loads/updates/
V2.0 is Beta and there is v1.1 further down the page.

You can either use Windows updare as the text mentions, but if you want
to d/l it for installation later use the Redistributable link, it's
23MB.

The page also has a note, how to tell if it's installed.

Me

Johnny8977

Hi.

I didn't have the .NET thing installed. Never realised and never have come
across it before. Anyway, installed and everythings OK.

Thanks for the help.