Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > divx and xvid to mpeg

divx and xvid to mpeg

Edward Doyle

Do you know how to convert divx and xvid to mpeg as I have a movie I need to
convert in order to be able to watch it on my dvd player and i need it to be
a mpeg to watch it , so I would appreciate if you could tell me what I need
in order to do this.

Eddie

---

Kenny

DVD Santa.
http://www.mp3towav.org/dvdSanta/

--

Kenny

"Edward Doyle" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:chjb7s$fi5$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Do you know how to convert divx and xvid to mpeg as I have a movie I need

> convert in order to be able to watch it on my dvd player and i need it to

be
> a mpeg to watch it , so I would appreciate if you could tell me what I

need
> in order to do this.
>
> Eddie
>

> ---

gangle

TMPGEnc (free) converts any AVI (raw or compressed) to
VCD (MPEG-1) so that it will play on a stand-alone DVD player.
It will also convert to SVCD (MPEG-2) if you have a version of
the MPEG-2 codec installed, which also plays on a stand-alone
player, and looks much better than VCD. It doesn't matter what
codec was used to compress any AVI (Xvid, Dvix, or any other
codec), as long as that codec has been installed on the computer.
http://www.tmpgenc.net/e_main2.html

"Edward Doyle" wrote