Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > SP2 temporarily blocks web page pictures fom downloading

SP2 temporarily blocks web page pictures fom downloading

Treb

Am having a small hassle with newly installed SP2.

I have turned off the SP2 firewall.

When I open most e-mail with pictures and all web pages such as ebay, the
pictures are not downloaded.

I see a message on the bottom of the message bar or web page that reads:

Some pictures have been blocked to prevent the sender from identifying your
computer. Click here to download pictures.

I find this quite the hassle.

Is there a setting somewhere to eliminate this? I thought by disabling the
firewall, it would take care of it.

Treb

Jerry G.

In Outlook Express, open Tools, Options, and then click on the Security
Tab.

In there you will see a prompt: Do not allow attachments to be saved or
opened...........

Remove the check mark at that point.

Close Outlook Express, and then re-open it again. Now you should be able
to get the pictures. You should be allowed to now open the attachments.
Take care to put this back afterwards. To activate it after a change has
been made, you should close and re-open Outlook Express.

Leaving this option opened, you may get undesired attachments that are
dangerous for your system. Many of the Spam emails auto-open their
attachments. Never leave the email preview pane active.

--

Jerry G.
======

"Treb" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
Am having a small hassle with newly installed SP2.

I have turned off the SP2 firewall.

When I open most e-mail with pictures and all web pages such as ebay,
the
pictures are not downloaded.

I see a message on the bottom of the message bar or web page that reads:

Some pictures have been blocked to prevent the sender from identifying
your
computer. Click here to download pictures.

I find this quite the hassle.

Is there a setting somewhere to eliminate this? I thought by disabling
the
firewall, it would take care of it.

Treb

Duane Arnold

"Treb" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in

> Am having a small hassle with newly installed SP2.
>
> I have turned off the SP2 firewall.
>
> When I open most e-mail with pictures and all web pages such as ebay,
> the pictures are not downloaded.
>
> I see a message on the bottom of the message bar or web page that
> reads:
>

> Some pictures have been blocked to prevent the sender from identifying
> your computer. Click here to download pictures.
>

> I find this quite the hassle.
>
> Is there a setting somewhere to eliminate this? I thought by disabling
> the firewall, it would take care of it.
>
> Treb

A FW has nothing to do with it and Google is your friend.

&product=windowsxpsp2

Duane

Barry

In outlook express go to tool and than option, now click on security, all
you have to do now is remove the check mark from the, remove images from
html email, that will fix it, so turn that firewall back on, let me know if
that works,,later,,,
"Treb" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Am having a small hassle with newly installed SP2.
>
> I have turned off the SP2 firewall.
>
> When I open most e-mail with pictures and all web pages such as ebay, the
> pictures are not downloaded.
>
> I see a message on the bottom of the message bar or web page that reads:
>

> Some pictures have been blocked to prevent the sender from identifying
> your computer. Click here to download pictures.
>

> I find this quite the hassle.
>
> Is there a setting somewhere to eliminate this? I thought by disabling the
> firewall, it would take care of it.
>
> Treb

Barry

In outlook express go to tool and than option, now click on security, all
you have to do now is remove the check mark from the, Block images from
html email, that will fix it, so turn that firewall back on, let me know if
that works,,later,,,

"Barry" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> In outlook express go to tool and than option, now click on security, all
> you have to do now is remove the check mark from the, remove images from
> html email, that will fix it, so turn that firewall back on, let me know
> if that works,,later,,,
> "Treb" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> Am having a small hassle with newly installed SP2.
>>
>> I have turned off the SP2 firewall.
>>
>> When I open most e-mail with pictures and all web pages such as ebay, the
>> pictures are not downloaded.
>>
>> I see a message on the bottom of the message bar or web page that reads:
>>

>> Some pictures have been blocked to prevent the sender from identifying
>> your computer. Click here to download pictures.
>>

>> I find this quite the hassle.
>>
>> Is there a setting somewhere to eliminate this? I thought by disabling
>> the firewall, it would take care of it.
>>
>> Treb

Thoronwen

In article <FCR_c.324131$J06.7660@pd7tw2no>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
says...
> Am having a small hassle with newly installed SP2.
>
> I have turned off the SP2 firewall.
>
> When I open most e-mail with pictures and all web pages such as ebay, the
> pictures are not downloaded.
>
> I see a message on the bottom of the message bar or web page that reads:
>

> Some pictures have been blocked to prevent the sender from identifying your
> computer. Click here to download pictures.
>

> I find this quite the hassle.
>
> Is there a setting somewhere to eliminate this? I thought by disabling the
> firewall, it would take care of it.
>
> Treb

Hi Treb,

See http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...eb/sp2_oe.mspx

"By default, the Outlook Express now blocks external graphics from
to see the new check box in Tools > Options > Security.

Yours,

Treb

All is well............

Thanks Barry and Everyone..............

You too Google!

Treb

"You know you're getting old when you wink at a gorgeous babe and she winks
back ONLY because she thinks you know her father"
Arrrggghhhhhhhhhh...................