Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Installing programs after SP2

Installing programs after SP2

SS-3

Anyone experiencing problems with this?

I just discovered Shockwave Player will not install for some reason -- seems
to get caught in a loop.

Haven't tried installing any other software yet-- hope this won't be yet
another major hassle with SP2 in the future.

Peter Cumberland

After installing SP2 I cannot get my computer to recognise my
printer. Have tried uninstalling and re-installing printer driver.
Connected printer to computer with previous XP version with
no problem.
Anyone got any ideas ???

"SS-3" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news1E_c.69594$(E-Mail Removed). ..
> Anyone experiencing problems with this?
>
> I just discovered Shockwave Player will not install for some reason --
> seems to get caught in a loop.
>
> Haven't tried installing any other software yet-- hope this won't be yet
> another major hassle with SP2 in the future.

Borat

- try the printer's website for an updated driver.

"Peter Cumberland" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:tuE_c.50$(E-Mail Removed)...
> After installing SP2 I cannot get my computer to recognise my
> printer. Have tried uninstalling and re-installing printer driver.
> Connected printer to computer with previous XP version with
> no problem.
> Anyone got any ideas ???
>

> "SS-3" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news1E_c.69594$(E-Mail Removed). ..
> > Anyone experiencing problems with this?
> >
> > I just discovered Shockwave Player will not install for some reason --
> > seems to get caught in a loop.
> >
> > Haven't tried installing any other software yet-- hope this won't be yet
> > another major hassle with SP2 in the future.

Peter Cumberland

Thanks Borat, that did the trick.

news:chf9s2$q6k$(E-Mail Removed)...