Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Selecting sequential files in Explorer

Selecting sequential files in Explorer

pickle

How can I select several sequential files in Explorer without using
the Shift key? I have a Scroll mouse but that doesn't do it.

Smoker

"pickle" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> How can I select several sequential files in Explorer without using
> the Shift key? I have a Scroll mouse but that doesn't do it.

Use the control key and hit each file one at a time.

pickle

On Sat, 04 Sep 2004 19:23:03 GMT, "Smoker" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"pickle" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> How can I select several sequential files in Explorer without using
>> the Shift key? I have a Scroll mouse but that doesn't do it.
>>

>Use the control key and hit each file one at a time.

I'm trying to select sequential files using the mouse not the
keyboard.

why?

On Sun, 05 Sep 2004 05:33:28 +1000, pickle wrote:

>On Sat, 04 Sep 2004 19:23:03 GMT, "Smoker" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>"pickle" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
>>> How can I select several sequential files in Explorer without using
>>> the Shift key? I have a Scroll mouse but that doesn't do it.
>>>

>>Use the control key and hit each file one at a time.

The CTRL key is not SHIFT

Program the scroll mouse button to do something then?

>I'm trying to select sequential files using the mouse not the
>keyboard.

Time to start making your original question different?

To select multiple files, point the cursor next to the file listing.
i.e. not on a file but a blank area. Press and hold doen the left
(primary) mouse button and drag. This highlights an area, let go of the
mouse button when finished. Multiple files will be highlighted.

Otherwise www.google.com for something like
http://www.google.com/search?q=mouse+click+actions

Me

pickle

On Sat, 04 Sep 2004 20:23:12 GMT, why?

>On Sun, 05 Sep 2004 05:33:28 +1000, pickle wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 04 Sep 2004 19:23:03 GMT, "Smoker" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>

>>>"pickle" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>>news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
>>>>
>>>Use the control key and hit each file one at a time.

>The CTRL key is not SHIFT
>
>Program the scroll mouse button to do something then?
>

>>I'm trying to select sequential files using the mouse not the
>>keyboard.

>Time to start making your original question different?
>
>To select multiple files, point the cursor next to the file listing.
>i.e. not on a file but a blank area. Press and hold doen the left
>(primary) mouse button and drag. This highlights an area, let go of the
>mouse button when finished. Multiple files will be highlighted.
>
>Otherwise www.google.com for something like
>http://www.google.com/search?q=mouse+click+actions
>

>Me

Hey! I see. Thank you!

Selecting all items in a multiple select: inconsistency with Internet Explorer james.dixon@canberra.edu.au Javascript 3 09-07-2005 01:31 AM
How can I Read/Write multiple sequential Binary/Text data files Albert Tu Python 3 03-10-2005 09:16 PM
Sequential Machines john VHDL 6 11-05-2004 05:24 AM
Creating AVI or MOV files from sequential TGAs? Hobbit Computer Support 0 01-05-2004 04:51 PM

Advertisments