Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > How do I get taskbar back?

How do I get taskbar back?

Robin Hood

"Henrik" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> OK try this.
>>
>> Restart the PC as it starts to boot keep pressing F8. This should bring
>> up

>> menu. It is a bit different to win98 etc but it does allow you to select
>> safe mode.
>>
>> In safe mode you should have a task bar. If not you really do have a

> problem
>> rather than a bad setting.
>>
>> If you have a task bar you can now easily check the settings.
>>
>> Often just going into safe mode corrects some problems so that when
>> restarting normally the problem has gone away.
>>

> I booted into SAFE MODE and my taskbar was there. I right-clicked the
> START
> button to check the settings and it looked fine. I think what I
> accidentally
> did was check "auto-hide the taskbar" just to see how it would function
> (perhaps I would like it).
> But, in SAFE MODE this isn't checked. I am almost positive I checked it
> and
> this is why I am having trouble.
>
> So, even though all looks fine in SAFE MODE, when I boot into normal mode
> the taskbar still is not there.

best to change parameters you think are playing up then restart and do it
again if need be.

Difficult to say what else it could be from here, but you could try while in
safe mode moving the task bar to the top or side of the screen and/or
switching to/from classic mode then restarting the PC in normal mode. That
could cause the task bar to come back to your screen.

If that does not sort the problem then good luck. I hope someone else can
figure it out for you.

When you find an answer, please post the solution.

Henrik

"Robin Hood" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:4139d4c4$0$20243$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Henrik" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> OK try this.
> >>
> >> Restart the PC as it starts to boot keep pressing F8. This should bring
> >> up

> >> menu. It is a bit different to win98 etc but it does allow you to

select
> >> safe mode.
> >>
> >> In safe mode you should have a task bar. If not you really do have a

> > problem
> >> rather than a bad setting.
> >>
> >> If you have a task bar you can now easily check the settings.
> >>
> >> Often just going into safe mode corrects some problems so that when
> >> restarting normally the problem has gone away.
> >>

> > I booted into SAFE MODE and my taskbar was there. I right-clicked the
> > START
> > button to check the settings and it looked fine. I think what I
> > accidentally
> > did was check "auto-hide the taskbar" just to see how it would function
> > (perhaps I would like it).
> > But, in SAFE MODE this isn't checked. I am almost positive I checked it
> > and
> > this is why I am having trouble.
> >
> > So, even though all looks fine in SAFE MODE, when I boot into normal

mode
> > the taskbar still is not there.
> >

> best to change parameters you think are playing up then restart and do it
> again if need be.
>
> Difficult to say what else it could be from here, but you could try while

in
> safe mode moving the task bar to the top or side of the screen and/or
> switching to/from classic mode then restarting the PC in normal mode. That
> could cause the task bar to come back to your screen.
>
> If that does not sort the problem then good luck. I hope someone else can
> figure it out for you.
>
> When you find an answer, please post the solution.

Thanks. I'll try those little tweaks you suggested. And I'll post the
resolution when and if it comes.

Henrik

"Robin Hood" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:4139d4c4$0$20243$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Henrik" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> OK try this.
> >>
> >> Restart the PC as it starts to boot keep pressing F8. This should bring
> >> up

> >> menu. It is a bit different to win98 etc but it does allow you to

select
> >> safe mode.
> >>
> >> In safe mode you should have a task bar. If not you really do have a

> > problem
> >> rather than a bad setting.
> >>
> >> If you have a task bar you can now easily check the settings.
> >>
> >> Often just going into safe mode corrects some problems so that when
> >> restarting normally the problem has gone away.
> >>

> > I booted into SAFE MODE and my taskbar was there. I right-clicked the
> > START
> > button to check the settings and it looked fine. I think what I
> > accidentally
> > did was check "auto-hide the taskbar" just to see how it would function
> > (perhaps I would like it).
> > But, in SAFE MODE this isn't checked. I am almost positive I checked it
> > and
> > this is why I am having trouble.
> >
> > So, even though all looks fine in SAFE MODE, when I boot into normal

mode
> > the taskbar still is not there.
> >

> best to change parameters you think are playing up then restart and do it
> again if need be.
>
> Difficult to say what else it could be from here, but you could try while

in
> safe mode moving the task bar to the top or side of the screen and/or
> switching to/from classic mode then restarting the PC in normal mode. That
> could cause the task bar to come back to your screen.
>
> If that does not sort the problem then good luck. I hope someone else can
> figure it out for you.
>
> When you find an answer, please post the solution.

Hey, that worked great!

In safe mode I switched the settings around back and forth and then when I
booted into normal mode it was back.

Thanks!

DevilsPGD

In message <(E-Mail Removed)> "Henrik"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>CTRL-ESC does not bring up the START menu, nor does it do anything else. I
>have to switch programs with ALT-TAB (which works) since I don't have a
>taskbar to select from.

How about WindowsKey-R? (Hold the Windows key, hit R)

If not, do you still have desktop icons?

Any indication that Explorer is even running?

Henrik

"DevilsPGD" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsEq_c.173273$(E-Mail Removed)...
> In message <(E-Mail Removed)> "Henrik"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >CTRL-ESC does not bring up the START menu, nor does it do anything else.

> >have to switch programs with ALT-TAB (which works) since I don't have a
> >taskbar to select from.

> How about WindowsKey-R? (Hold the Windows key, hit R)
>
> If not, do you still have desktop icons?
>
> Any indication that Explorer is even running?

Its been resolved. I posted the solution which was given to me elsewhere in
the thread. Here it is:

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Its been resolved. I posted the solution which was given to me elsewhere in
>the thread

Cool, glad to hear it!

--
#define QUESTION ((bb) || !(bb))
-- Shakespeare

bhavani2003in bhavani2003in is offline
Junior Member

Press on F11 key and check once.

Mahesh20j Mahesh20j is offline
Junior Member

Henrik do one thing press ctrl+shift+esc shortcut of taskmanager to bring up the task manger then go to processes search the explorer.exe process righ click on the process and then press end process tab then on task manager press new task
write explorer.exe then u will see the task bar is appeared at the bottom then right click on to the task bar press properties then press customized and then press
restore defaults this is perfect solution which i have used and the problem is resolved.