Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Please help, folders locked to Admin

Please help, folders locked to Admin

annaAnne

When I created my user profile in winXP pro, I clicked "yes" to locking docs
and folders.

I need to reverse this lock desperately, for the Adminstrator. Can someone
help, please.

ana

Toolman Tim

>| When I created my user profile in winXP pro, I clicked "yes" to
>| locking docs and folders.
>|
>| I need to reverse this lock desperately, for the Adminstrator. Can
>| someone help, please.
>|
>| ana

Do you mean you selected the option to "make private" when creating your
user profile? And now you want to make them available to other users?

THEY went." ~Will Rogers~

annAnne

Exactly. The profile got corrupted, I need to create another one and copy
files into the new.
Because of the "made private" choice, I can't open the profile while logged
on as administrator.
"Access denied". How can I gain access?

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >| When I created my user profile in winXP pro, I clicked "yes" to
> >| locking docs and folders.
> >|
> >| I need to reverse this lock desperately, for the Adminstrator. Can
> >| someone help, please.
> >|
> >| ana

> Do you mean you selected the option to "make private" when creating your
> user profile? And now you want to make them available to other users?
>
> --
> "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where
> THEY went." ~Will Rogers~

Toolman Tim

>| > >|
>| > >|

>| > Do you mean you selected the option to "make private" when
>| > creating your user profile? And now you want to make them
>| > available to other users?

(top posting corrected)

>| Exactly. The profile got corrupted, I need to create another one
>| and copy files into the new.
>| Because of the "made private" choice, I can't open the profile while
>| logged on as administrator.
>| "Access denied". How can I gain access?

This is a "Security and Permissions" issue. Can you log in as that user at
all? If so you can then make the folders accessible. Try reading through
this web pages to see if anything helps:

annAnne

Toolman Tim wrote:
>>| > >|
>>| > >|

> (top posting corrected)
>

>>| Exactly. The profile got corrupted, I need to create another one
>>| and copy files into the new.
>>| Because of the "made private" choice, I can't open the profile while
>>| logged on as administrator.
>>| "Access denied". How can I gain access?

> This is a "Security and Permissions" issue. Can you log in as that user at
> all? If so you can then make the folders accessible. Try reading through
> this web pages to see if anything helps:

I did manage to get the security and permissions issue fixed, thank you.
Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to be the cause of my problem.
After transferring the old user files to the new, the problem still
exist. It's a matter of windows loading first one profile with a set of
startup programs, then reload another with a different set, so that I
feel 2 users are logged on, and the computer is slow to load, then get
sluggish after a while. Doesn't seem to be a RAT problem, I've tested
exhuastively.