Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Clear History How ??

Clear History How ??

Ron&Joyce

I am using Internet Explorer and I go to tools then to internet options and
hit Clear History and it will not clear. Why? What am I doing wrong? it used
to work that way.

thanks for your time

Atreju

On Fri, 3 Sep 2004 12:50:39 -0700, "Ron&Joyce" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I am using Internet Explorer and I go to tools then to internet options and
>hit Clear History and it will not clear. Why? What am I doing wrong? it used
>to work that way.
>
>thanks for your time

There's probably a way to clear it from the system through the
registry or files, but take a look here for a possible solution.
I have never used this, so please use caution when deciding whether or
not to try it.

http://www.purgeie.com/lockhist.htm

---Atreju---

Linda

"Ron&Joyce" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am using Internet Explorer and I go to tools then to internet options and
> hit Clear History and it will not clear. Why? What am I doing wrong? it
> used
> to work that way.
>
> thanks for your time

c:\Documents and Settings\<select user>\local settings\History, Delete
everything. WinXP will auto re-create the Today folder.
I've no idea why your command button doesn't work.
I've no idea whether the history is in the same location for pre-WinXP.

Uncle Buck

Ron&Joyce wrote:

> I am using Internet Explorer and I go to tools then to internet
> options and hit Clear History and it will not clear. Why? What am I
> doing wrong? it used to work that way.

It's a known bug. Doesn't even work reliably from a clean Windows install.