Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Printer wont install

Printer wont install

John

Can anyone please help. I am trying to install a HP PSC 2110 all in one. But
it wont install. When it gets to the part in the wizard that says connect
printer to pc, it doesnt give me the option to click next to continue. The
next button is ghosted. Any ideas please.

SwissTony

news:ucoZc.389$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can anyone please help. I am trying to install a HP PSC 2110 all in one.

But
> it wont install. When it gets to the part in the wizard that says connect
> printer to pc, it doesnt give me the option to click next to continue. The
> next button is ghosted. Any ideas please.

Usually, the software detects when the printer is plugged in.
If you have plugged it in, is it turned on??? If not, try turning it on at
the stage ur stuck at above.

John

I have tried both ways. Switched on, and off. I noticed it saying that it
was trying to install to LPT1. It is connected via USB. Is this right?
"SwissTony" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> news:ucoZc.389$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Can anyone please help. I am trying to install a HP PSC 2110 all in one.

> But
> > it wont install. When it gets to the part in the wizard that says

connect
> > printer to pc, it doesnt give me the option to click next to continue.

The
> > next button is ghosted. Any ideas please.
> >

> Usually, the software detects when the printer is plugged in.
> If you have plugged it in, is it turned on??? If not, try turning it on at
> the stage ur stuck at above.

that would make a big difference. typically, printers by default will try
to use LPT1. you need to change this during the install wizard to point to
the USB port.

BTW, are you using the drivers from the install disk or windows?

news:sDoZc.202$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have tried both ways. Switched on, and off. I noticed it saying that it
> was trying to install to LPT1. It is connected via USB. Is this right?
> "SwissTony" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> "John" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:ucoZc.389$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > Can anyone please help. I am trying to install a HP PSC 2110 all in
>> > one.

>> But
>> > it wont install. When it gets to the part in the wizard that says

> connect
>> > printer to pc, it doesnt give me the option to click next to continue.

> The
>> > next button is ghosted. Any ideas please.
>> >

>> Usually, the software detects when the printer is plugged in.
>> If you have plugged it in, is it turned on??? If not, try turning it on
>> at
>> the stage ur stuck at above.

Ingeborg

"John" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:ucoZc.389$(E-Mail Removed):

> Can anyone please help. I am trying to install a HP PSC 2110 all in
> one. But it wont install. When it gets to the part in the wizard that
> says connect printer to pc, it doesnt give me the option to click next
> to continue. The next button is ghosted. Any ideas please.

It waits for the printer. When you connect it the next button will be
enabled.