Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Recycle bin OS XP will not show deleted files

Recycle bin OS XP will not show deleted files

Joev

Deleted files do not show in recycle bin.
I tried google for a solution but kept coming up without the help I
needed, so I am hoping someone here will be able to help.
Joev

philo

"Joev" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Deleted files do not show in recycle bin.
> I tried google for a solution but kept coming up without the help I
> needed, so I am hoping someone here will be able to help.
> Joev

right click on the recycle bin and look at "properties"

if the box that says "do not move files to the recycle bin"
is checked...uncheck it

Joev

On Wed, 1 Sep 2004 06:51:20 -0500, "philo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Joev" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> Deleted files do not show in recycle bin.
>> I tried google for a solution but kept coming up without the help I
>> needed, so I am hoping someone here will be able to help.
>> Joev

>right click on the recycle bin and look at "properties"
>
>if the box that says "do not move files to the recycle bin"
>is checked...uncheck it

That is not checked and has not been.
When files are deleted a popup asks do you want to send the file to
the recycle bin. I answer yes and then check, and nothing in the
recycle bin.
Joev

joevan

On Wed, 01 Sep 2004 08:03:00 -0400, Joev <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Wed, 1 Sep 2004 06:51:20 -0500, "philo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>"Joev" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
>>> Deleted files do not show in recycle bin.
>>> I tried google for a solution but kept coming up without the help I
>>> needed, so I am hoping someone here will be able to help.
>>> Joev

>>right click on the recycle bin and look at "properties"
>>
>>if the box that says "do not move files to the recycle bin"
>>is checked...uncheck it
>>

>That is not checked and has not been.
>When files are deleted a popup asks do you want to send the file to
>the recycle bin. I answer yes and then check, and nothing in the
>recycle bin.
>Joev

Just a chance question.
Are you using any tweak programs? I had a similar thing once and it
was cured by restoring the settings in Tweak now powerpak.
joevan

Ron Martell

Joev <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Deleted files do not show in recycle bin.
>I tried google for a solution but kept coming up without the help I
>needed, so I am hoping someone here will be able to help.
>Joev

In Windows Explorer check the contents of the \Recycled folder
(\Recycler if your hard drive is using NTFS) on your hard drive. Do
the deleted files show up there?

Try using Disk Cleanup to empty the Recycle bin. That may reset
things.

Good luck

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--
Microsoft MVP
On-Line Help Computer Service

Joev

On Wed, 01 Sep 2004 17:15:49 GMT, joevan <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>On Wed, 01 Sep 2004 08:03:00 -0400, Joev <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>On Wed, 1 Sep 2004 06:51:20 -0500, "philo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>

>>>"Joev" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>>news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
>>>

>>>right click on the recycle bin and look at "properties"
>>>
>>>if the box that says "do not move files to the recycle bin"
>>>is checked...uncheck it
>>>

>>That is not checked and has not been.
>>When files are deleted a popup asks do you want to send the file to
>>the recycle bin. I answer yes and then check, and nothing in the
>>recycle bin.
>>Joev

>Just a chance question.
>Are you using any tweak programs? I had a similar thing once and it
>was cured by restoring the settings in Tweak now powerpak.
>joevan

Thank you for the suggestion. It was the tweak program. All is fine
now after I restored the settings.
Joev