Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Browser Helper Objects

Browser Helper Objects

JohnFol

I am trying to make use of BHO's (and no not to write spyware). It seems all
articles relate to C++, whereas my background si in VB.Net
I've managed to understand that I need the following i/face defined

<ComVisible(True), InterfaceType(ComInterfaceType.InterfaceIsIUnknown ),
Guid("FC4801A3-2BA9-11CF-A229-00AA003D7352")> _

Public Interface IObjectWithSite

Sub SetSite(<MarshalAs(UnmanagedType.IUnknown)> ByVal pUnkSite As Object)

Sub GetSite(ByRef riid As Object, <MarshalAs(UnmanagedType.Interface)> ByVal
ppvSite As Object)

End Interface

But

I have also added the registry entry using the GUID from the assembly.vb
file, but what escapes me is how to have the browser invoke the code so I
can step through / interrogate the value?

Does anyone have a real step by step guid to getting the basics to work
using VB.net?