Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > I plugged in an external DVD drive and now lost access to a server hard disk. Please help.

I plugged in an external DVD drive and now lost access to a server hard disk. Please help.

jamie@cd-worx.com

Hi,

I plugged an external DVD reader/writer into my networked machine and
all of a sudden, I could not access a hard disk on my network server.

I tried removing the network disk and putting it in another machine
and accessing it directly but now it just asks me to reformat every
time I click it.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Cubzilla

Erm... did you take the DVD writer off before moving the disk out of the
server to see if all returns to normal, if not do so and refit the disk in
your server.

please provide a little more info

eg operating system, type of hard disk drive.. SCSI .IDE etc.

regards

news:(E-Mail Removed)...