Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > I can't access any websites since installed Service Pack 2 on Windows XP but MSN Messenger works fine

I can't access any websites since installed Service Pack 2 on Windows XP but MSN Messenger works fine

Stuart

Hi,

The problem I have is that after I installed Service Pack 2 I can't
access the internet throught Internet Explorer. Everytime I try to
load a webpage I get a Windows error that has a DNS error on the
bottom of the page. But MSN Messenger and other internet applications
connect fine. Why doesn't IE work?
Thanks

Stu

Scott Marshall

had the same problem.

disable any firewalls you have as there is one in xp itself which you can
use instead and it works fine.

news:(E-Mail Removed) m...