Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Sony HandyCam

Sony HandyCam

Ken

Hi,
I purchased a Sony DVD HandyCam and can't seem to get my machine to accept
the drivers from their software. Also when I try to setup the camcorder with
the computer, using the USB port, I get a FATAL error (Windows) and I'm
told, if I continue with the installation I will have problems with Windows
now or in the future. Of course I cancel installation. I will speak with
Sony tomorrow but was in hopes someone here might have some idea as to the
probem. I'm running XP Home Ed.

Thanks,
Ken

A String

"Ken" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:SduYc.6631$(E-Mail Removed) k.net...
> Hi,
> I purchased a Sony DVD HandyCam and can't seem to get my machine to accept
> the drivers from their software. Also when I try to setup the camcorder
> with
> the computer, using the USB port, I get a FATAL error (Windows) and I'm
> told, if I continue with the installation I will have problems with
> Windows
> now or in the future. Of course I cancel installation. I will speak with
> Sony tomorrow but was in hopes someone here might have some idea as to the
> probem. I'm running XP Home Ed.
>
> Thanks,
> Ken

All that message means is that the drivers have not yet been certified by
Microsoft. Chances are you can run them fine. Just ignore the message and
install them anyway. Or, if you just can't bring yourself to do it, you
could always write Microsoft and ask them to check out the drivers and then
include them in the next service pack...

Jerry G.

There is a chance that the drivers are not yet approved by MS. Talk to the
Sony tech support. They should know about this. Don't take a chance for
nothing. Find out for sure before proceeding.

I recently bought some camera equipment from another manufacture. I had to
call them for the same reason. They gave me a site address to download the
newer versions of drivers and software for this camera. After the download,
the installation went very easy.

--

Jerry G.
==========================

"Ken" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:SduYc.6631$(E-Mail Removed) k.net...
Hi,
I purchased a Sony DVD HandyCam and can't seem to get my machine to accept
the drivers from their software. Also when I try to setup the camcorder with
the computer, using the USB port, I get a FATAL error (Windows) and I'm
told, if I continue with the installation I will have problems with Windows
now or in the future. Of course I cancel installation. I will speak with
Sony tomorrow but was in hopes someone here might have some idea as to the
probem. I'm running XP Home Ed.

Thanks,
Ken

Ken

Thank you.
Will phone Sony today to see if updates are available. If not will check
with MS to see if they can help.
Because some have had issues with MS SP-2, I chosen not to update and
include the Service Pack. Think these drivers might possibility be included
in the SP?
Again, thank you.

Ken

"Ken" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:SduYc.6631$(E-Mail Removed) k.net...
> Hi,
> I purchased a Sony DVD HandyCam and can't seem to get my machine to accept
> the drivers from their software. Also when I try to setup the camcorder

with
> the computer, using the USB port, I get a FATAL error (Windows) and I'm
> told, if I continue with the installation I will have problems with

Windows
> now or in the future. Of course I cancel installation. I will speak with
> Sony tomorrow but was in hopes someone here might have some idea as to the
> probem. I'm running XP Home Ed.
>
> Thanks,
> Ken

Sony Handycam DVD202E question Mike NG Digital Photography 2 06-18-2005 01:58 PM
sony handycam vcagan Computer Support 0 05-06-2005 07:35 AM
Burning With ImageMixer V1.5 for Sony DVD Handycam TC DVD Video 0 04-14-2004 06:53 PM
ImageMixer V1.5 for Sony DVD Handycam TC Computer Support 1 04-14-2004 05:28 PM
Sony DCR TRV14 handycam user manual Runa Digital Photography 1 08-12-2003 12:54 PM

Advertisments