Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Convert Region 2 DVD to Region 1?

Convert Region 2 DVD to Region 1?

Nsagio

I have a friend who bought a DVD video that he didn't realize was Region 2.
The video is available as Region 2 only. His DVD player plays Region 1
only, and his PC does not have a DVD drive.

He does not want to have to purchase any additional hardware to resolve
this.

I have access to a DVD burner. Is there any software that would let me
burn a copy of the DVD to a different region, or with no regional coding at
all? Such as DVDShrink or the old X-Copy?

TIA!

Uncle Buck

Nsagio wrote:

> I have a friend who bought a DVD video that he didn't realize was
> Region 2. The video is available as Region 2 only. His DVD player
> plays Region 1 only, and his PC does not have a DVD drive.
>
> He does not want to have to purchase any additional hardware to
> resolve this.

What brand+model is his DVD player? There's most likely a remote
control hack for it on the net somewhere.

TerryNC

AnyDVD will do that....

"Nsagio" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> I have a friend who bought a DVD video that he didn't realize was Region

2.
> The video is available as Region 2 only. His DVD player plays Region 1
> only, and his PC does not have a DVD drive.
>
> He does not want to have to purchase any additional hardware to resolve
> this.
>
> I have access to a DVD burner. Is there any software that would let me
> burn a copy of the DVD to a different region, or with no regional coding

at
> all? Such as DVDShrink or the old X-Copy?
>
> TIA!

Ralph Wade Phillips

Howdy!

"Nsagio" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> I have a friend who bought a DVD video that he didn't realize was Region

2.
> The video is available as Region 2 only. His DVD player plays Region 1
> only, and his PC does not have a DVD drive.
>
> He does not want to have to purchase any additional hardware to resolve
> this.
>
> I have access to a DVD burner. Is there any software that would let me
> burn a copy of the DVD to a different region, or with no regional coding

at
> all? Such as DVDShrink or the old X-Copy?

DVDDecrypter can do that, amongst its other feats.

HOWEVER - if the DVD is > 4.5G, you'll also need to either split it,
or feed it to DVDShrink to reduce it to fit.

AND - to do this, you really need an NTFS-formatted HD. XNews
doesn't include any clues as to what flavor of Windows you're running (that
I recognize, at least) ... so I'll add that you need that to exceed the
FAT32 file limit of 4G.

RwP

Jamco

burn a copy with DVD-Shrink, it can change the region, or set it to region
free