Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Script Error

Script Error

makal@yahoo.com

OS: Win2000
Scanner: HP3570C usb
It worked before, but now when I double click on my scanner icon I get
the following message:

"An error has occured in the script on this page

Line: 114
Char: 2
Error Library: Not registered
Code: 0
URL File: //c:\Program
Files\Hewlitt-Packard\DigitalImaging\bbfe\director\director.htm

Do you want to continue running script?"

I clicked "yes", but nothing happened. I rebooted and clicked "no"
and nothing happened. Can someone please explain what's happening and
what I can do to remedy? Thanks in advance.

Duane Arnold

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote in news:(E-Mail Removed):

> OS: Win2000
> Scanner: HP3570C usb
> It worked before, but now when I double click on my scanner icon I get
> the following message:
>
> "An error has occured in the script on this page
>
> Line: 114
> Char: 2
> Error Library: Not registered
> Code: 0
> URL File: //c:\Program
> Files\Hewlitt-Packard\DigitalImaging\bbfe\director\director.htm
>
> Do you want to continue running script?"
>
> I clicked "yes", but nothing happened. I rebooted and clicked "no"
> and nothing happened. Can someone please explain what's happening and
> what I can do to remedy? Thanks in advance.

At line 114 in the script, there is an error. *Error Library: some
program element the script is looking for is not there* NOT registered in
the Registry of the O/S.

The script has terminated at that point. The script is not working and
even if you told it to continue, it has had a fatal error and is not
going to work.

Duane

makal@yahoo.com

Is there anything I can do to "fix" the script?

On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 17:40:27 GMT, Duane Arnold <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>(E-Mail Removed) wrote in news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> OS: Win2000
>> Scanner: HP3570C usb
>> It worked before, but now when I double click on my scanner icon I get
>> the following message:
>>
>> "An error has occured in the script on this page
>>
>> Line: 114
>> Char: 2
>> Error Library: Not registered
>> Code: 0
>> URL File: //c:\Program
>> Files\Hewlitt-Packard\DigitalImaging\bbfe\director\director.htm
>>
>> Do you want to continue running script?"
>>
>> I clicked "yes", but nothing happened. I rebooted and clicked "no"
>> and nothing happened. Can someone please explain what's happening and
>> what I can do to remedy? Thanks in advance.
>>

>At line 114 in the script, there is an error. *Error Library: some
>program element the script is looking for is not there* NOT registered in
>the Registry of the O/S.
>
>The script has terminated at that point. The script is not working and
>even if you told it to continue, it has had a fatal error and is not
>going to work.
>
>Duane

makal@yahoo.com

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the scanner software twice already.

On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 20:48:37 +0200, Ingeborg <-> wrote:

>(E-Mail Removed) wrote in news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> Is there anything I can do to "fix" the script?
>>

>> On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 17:40:27 GMT, Duane Arnold <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> wrote:

>>>At line 114 in the script, there is an error. *Error Library: some
>>>program element the script is looking for is not there* NOT registered
>>>in the Registry of the O/S.
>>>
>>>The script has terminated at that point. The script is not working and
>>>even if you told it to continue, it has had a fatal error and is not
>>>going to work.
>>>
>>>Duane

>Reinstall the scanner software

Ingeborg

(E-Mail Removed) wrote in news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Is there anything I can do to "fix" the script?
>

> On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 17:40:27 GMT, Duane Arnold <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>>(E-Mail Removed) wrote in news:(E-Mail Removed):
>>
>>> OS: Win2000
>>> Scanner: HP3570C usb
>>> It worked before, but now when I double click on my scanner icon I
>>> get the following message:
>>>
>>> "An error has occured in the script on this page
>>>
>>> Line: 114
>>> Char: 2
>>> Error Library: Not registered
>>> Code: 0
>>> URL File: //c:\Program
>>> Files\Hewlitt-Packard\DigitalImaging\bbfe\director\director.htm
>>>
>>> Do you want to continue running script?"
>>>
>>> I clicked "yes", but nothing happened. I rebooted and clicked "no"
>>> and nothing happened. Can someone please explain what's happening
>>> and what I can do to remedy? Thanks in advance.
>>>

>>At line 114 in the script, there is an error. *Error Library: some
>>program element the script is looking for is not there* NOT registered
>>in the Registry of the O/S.
>>
>>The script has terminated at that point. The script is not working and
>>even if you told it to continue, it has had a fatal error and is not
>>going to work.
>>
>>Duane

Reinstall the scanner software

Duane Arnold

(E-Mail Removed) wrote in news:(E-Mail Removed):

> I've uninstalled and reinstalled the scanner software twice already.

You should be able to contact the manufacturer of the scanner Tech Support;
there is most likely a fix or workaround for the problem.

Duane

Ingeborg

(E-Mail Removed) wrote in news:(E-Mail Removed):

> c:\Program

Open the file "c:\Program Files\Hewlitt-Packard\DigitalImaging\bbfe
\director\director.htm" with notepad. Goto line 114 (Ctrl-G 114)

What's in this line?

°Mike°

Control Panel / Internet Options / Advanced tab.
Check 'Disable script debugging'.
Uncheck 'Display a notification about every script error'.

On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 17:23:37 GMT, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
(E-Mail Removed) scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Duane Arnold

°Mike° <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:414933e9.24874453
@localhost.dot.net:

> Control Panel / Internet Options / Advanced tab.
> Check 'Disable script debugging'.
> Uncheck 'Display a notification about every script error'.

Mike that is not going to fix the OP's problem. There is a program element
the script is looking for in the registry and it's not there and the script
is having a fatal program error.

Duane

WormWood

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> OS: Win2000
> Scanner: HP3570C usb
> It worked before, but now when I double click on my scanner icon I get
> the following message:
>
> "An error has occured in the script on this page
>
> Line: 114
> Char: 2
> Error Library: Not registered
> Code: 0
> URL File: //c:\Program
> Files\Hewlitt-Packard\DigitalImaging\bbfe\director\director.htm
>
> Do you want to continue running script?"
>
> I clicked "yes", but nothing happened. I rebooted and clicked "no"
> and nothing happened. Can someone please explain what's happening and
> what I can do to remedy? Thanks in advance.

If you will take closer note of the error message, what do you see?

Your scanner's *.exe file is trying to load the url of a file on the
hdd which may or may not exist:
<Hewlitt-Packard\DigitalImaging\bbfe\director\director.htm

Do a Start / Search for a file named director.htm and if found, rename
it to director.ht_ , *****then follow °Mike°'s instructions exactly and
reboot.

If 'no go', right click on the scanner's launch file (*.exe) in Windows
Explorer and create a new shortcut. (I would try this first.) Good luck!