Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > networking

networking

jd

i have 2 computers running xp home i want to networking them all i hve is
a Linlsys 10/100 hub can anyone tell me
if their is a site i can go to to show me how to network
them so we can be on the computers at the same time
with no problems , thanks

DC

http://www.homenethelp.com/home-network.asp
http://www.practicallynetworked.com/

--
DC Linux RU #1000111011000111001

Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with Windows.

Duane Arnold

"jd" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:yM7Yc.7537$%(E-Mail Removed):

> i have 2 computers running xp home i want to networking them all i
> hve is a Linlsys 10/100 hub can anyone tell me
> if their is a site i can go to to show me how to network
> them so we can be on the computers at the same time
> with no problems , thanks

http://www.wown.com/j_helmig/guidshrh.htm

You should dump the hub and get a router.

Duane

127.0.0.1

news:Xns9553B65D88674notmenotmecom@204.127.204.17. ..
> "jd" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:yM7Yc.7537$%(E-Mail Removed):
>
> > i have 2 computers running xp home i want to networking them all i
> > hve is a Linlsys 10/100 hub can anyone tell me
> > if their is a site i can go to to show me how to network
> > them so we can be on the computers at the same time
> > with no problems , thanks
> >

> http://www.wown.com/j_helmig/guidshrh.htm
>
> You should dump the hub and get a router.
>
> http://www.homenethelp.com/web/explain/about-NAT.asp
>
> Duane

routing will confuse him even more...
2 pc's running a 10/100 hub will not lose noticeable performance.

-a|ex

127.0.0.1

"jd" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:yM7Yc.7537$%(E-Mail Removed).. .
> i have 2 computers running xp home i want to networking them all i hve

is
> a Linlsys 10/100 hub can anyone tell me
> if their is a site i can go to to show me how to network
> them so we can be on the computers at the same time
> with no problems , thanks

if you have the manual for the hub, it should show you a network diagram.
if not, linksys has the info you need on their site.

-a|ex