Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Encrypt/Decrypt a structured file

Encrypt/Decrypt a structured file

kevininstructor@state.or.us

I am looking to encrypt a file with a structure as follows (for storing data
which does FTP connections):

Structure SiteInformation
Public ID As Integer
Public DisplayName As String
Public UserName As String
Public UserPassword As String
Public RemoteDirectory As String
Public Host As String
Public Anonymouse As Boolean
End Structure

The examples I am finding (on the web and DotNet documentation) are for
encrypting strings not structures. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any insight/assistance,
Kevin

Jonathan Allen

Just convert it into a string or array of strings. If you use a single
string, insert a CrLf between each field, as none of them should ever use
it.

--
Jonathan Allen

message news:ekj7$(E-Mail Removed)...