Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Any problems using Windows SP2?

Any problems using Windows SP2?

*** JB

I'm gonna update my windows soon and I wondered if people are having any
problems with it (minor or major) and also if there is a 'rollback' thats
allows users to return to SP1?

Paul - xxx

*** JB vaguely muttered something like ...
> I'm gonna update my windows soon and I wondered if people are having any
> problems with it (minor or major) and also if there is a 'rollback' thats
> allows users to return to SP1?

Just read back through the newsgroup ...

Take an image or ghost of the hard drive first for the best chance of a full
recovery .. IMHO ..

--
Paul ...

(8(|) ... Homer Rocks

RAH

> Take an image or ghost of the hard drive first for the best chance of a

full
> recovery .. IMHO ..
>

> --

How could I do that? Is there a way built in to XP (SP1)? Third party
application? Web page with instructions?

Thanks,

RAH

---

Paul - xxx

RAH vaguely muttered something like ...
>> Take an image or ghost of the hard drive first for the best chance of a
>> full recovery .. IMHO ..
>>

>> --

> How could I do that? Is there a way built in to XP (SP1)? Third party
> application? Web page with instructions?

Personally, I nowadays mostly use an older hard drive as a totally separate
slave, with an identical image of my large drive as it's first installed so
it's a totally 'clean' installation when restored.

Very cheap, as it has already been replaced, and infinitely easy to use if
the original goes tits up for any reason ..

I now use a DVD or CD burner and Nero6 for backing up data ..

--
Paul ...

(8(|) ... Homer Rocks

Se-khopsh-senwy XIV

Paul - xxx, the squabbling, stone-blind, tatty bus conductor, quiescing,
neanderthal, babbling dick flogger, and toenail clippings cleaner, cackled:

> Personally, I nowadays mostly

bluh bluh, you illiterate, jinxed, run-down herdsman.

Mellowed

Yes there is problems. Check here.

"*** JB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:412edf96$0$20253$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm gonna update my windows soon and I wondered if people are having any
> problems with it (minor or major) and also if there is a 'rollback' thats
> allows users to return to SP1?

ICee

*** JB wrote:
> I'm gonna update my windows soon and I wondered if people are having
> any problems with it (minor or major) and also if there is a
> 'rollback' thats allows users to return to SP1?

I didn't have any problem. It downloaded, installed and everything
works fine. It created a restore point, so you should be able to go
back if you have problems.