Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Saved web images default to .bmp even if they aren't - can this be changed?

Saved web images default to .bmp even if they aren't - can this be changed?

Mark Hammerschmidt

Hi all. When saving an image from the web, my machine invariably
designates them as .bmp files, even if they aren't. Can I change this
default somehow? Thanks.

°Mike°

Empty your temporary internet files.
Close your browser, and go to Control
Panel / Internet Options / General tab.
Press 'Delete Files', and make sure you put
a checkmark in 'Delete all offline content'.

On 26 Aug 2004 14:45:13 -0700, in
<(E-Mail Removed) >
Mark Hammerschmidt scrawled:

--