Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > how to decrease file size??

how to decrease file size??

Michael Gatta

I have pictures that i want to email to friends. the file sizes are around
1000kb each, so are too large for many servers. on my previous pc, when i
would attach pics to an email on outlook, it would prompt me to choose a
file size and i could "shrink" them down to mail them. for some reason it is
not asking me this now.

Anyone know how i can make them smaller for emailing either on outlook or in
XP?

Bri.

In news:vEnXc.22565$(E-Mail Removed),
Michael Gatta typed...

> I have pictures that i want to email to friends. the file sizes are
> around 1000kb each, so are too large for many servers. on my previous
> pc, when i would attach pics to an email on outlook, it would prompt
> me to choose a file size and i could "shrink" them down to mail them.
> for some reason it is not asking me this now.
>
> Anyone know how i can make them smaller for emailing either on
> outlook or in XP?

With IfanView, you can re-size easily.
You can also compress ".jpg" files further, to make them even smaller.

http://www.irfanview.com/

--
Bri.

Ingeborg

"Michael Gatta" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:vEnXc.22565$(E-Mail Removed):

> I have pictures that i want to email to friends. the file sizes are
> around 1000kb each, so are too large for many servers. on my previous
> pc, when i would attach pics to an email on outlook, it would prompt
> me to choose a file size and i could "shrink" them down to mail them.
> for some reason it is not asking me this now.
>
> Anyone know how i can make them smaller for emailing either on outlook
> or in XP?

You can use irfanview (www.irfanview.com) to shrink them.

°Mike°

Tools / Accounts / Properties / Advanced tab.
Check 'Break apart messages larger than [xx] KB'.

On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 11:49:47 -0400, in
<vEnXc.22565$(E-Mail Removed)>
Michael Gatta scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

KnowBody

Michael Gatta wrote:
> Anyone know how i can make them smaller for emailing either on outlook or in
> XP?

Also:

XnView

http://www.xnview.com/

Gimp (my fav)

http://www2.arnes.si/~sopjsimo/gimp/
http://www.gimp.org/

Plato

Michael Gatta wrote:

> Anyone know how i can make them smaller for emailing either on outlook or in
> XP?

http://www.irfanview.com/main_download_engl.htm

xmp

Plato wrote:

> Michael Gatta wrote:
>
>>Anyone know how i can make them smaller for emailing either on outlook or in
>>XP?

> http://www.irfanview.com/main_download_engl.htm

In a pinch, MS paint or picture can be used.

michael

DevilsPGD

In message <(E-Mail Removed)> °Mike°
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Tools / Accounts / Properties / Advanced tab.
>Check 'Break apart messages larger than [xx] KB'.

Note that messages sent using multipart MIME format will often be
dropped by paranoid mail servers, or flagged as potentially hostile.

--
Can I get a w00t w00t?

deleteing records from DB_File doesnt decrease file size? botfood Perl Misc 3 09-18-2006 05:27 PM
truncate/decrease file Neo C++ 2 07-26-2006 07:17 PM
truncate/decrease file Neo C Programming 5 07-26-2006 03:29 PM
Massive TTL Decrease ISAKMP-IPSEC VPN Joel Salminen Cisco 1 01-20-2006 05:33 AM
Performance decrease after migration to .NET Christian Correa ASP .Net 0 12-01-2004 03:15 AM

Advertisments