Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Need help setting up new OKI 321 DOT Matrix printer

Need help setting up new OKI 321 DOT Matrix printer

red belair

Hi
I have a customer who uses a 321 printer to print their multipart
invoices. Naturally, after many years, the thing had to be replaced.
Naturally, the last service guy they had knew more about it than I do.
They need to reset the CPI for a couple of forms they print and found
it to be a pain to get up and walk over to do that...I would too.
The other service person one day told them, 'here, I will do this for
you in your application setup and you will not have to get up any
more". He did and it worked fine.....until, you guessed it...the new
printer comes in!

The new one works fine but now they have to get up again and....well,
seeing as I don't know as much....and the other person cannot come
back.....

I would appreciate it if anyone(including OKI Tech Support, who will
not call back) has any ideas on what could be done to the printer at
the printer itself, could post their ideas here.

I Thank You in advance.
Joe

SwissTony

"red belair" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
> I have a customer who uses a 321 printer to print their multipart
> invoices. Naturally, after many years, the thing had to be replaced.
> Naturally, the last service guy they had knew more about it than I do.
> They need to reset the CPI for a couple of forms they print and found
> it to be a pain to get up and walk over to do that...I would too.
> The other service person one day told them, 'here, I will do this for
> you in your application setup and you will not have to get up any
> more". He did and it worked fine.....until, you guessed it...the new
> printer comes in!
>
> The new one works fine but now they have to get up again and....well,
> seeing as I don't know as much....and the other person cannot come
> back.....
>
> I would appreciate it if anyone(including OKI Tech Support, who will
> not call back) has any ideas on what could be done to the printer at
> the printer itself, could post their ideas here.
>
> I Thank You in advance.
> Joe

Knowledgebase for microline 321 elite
http://www.oki.co.uk/fcgi-bin/public...hid=1&prid=252