Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Puzzled !

Puzzled !

BUDDY HOLLY

I notice that some postings in the newsgroup have an icon that looks like a
page of writing whilst others have what looks like half a torn page, which
setting do I need for sending messages with the right icon?

Dan Glybitz

"BUDDY HOLLY" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cghqi4$5dk$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I notice that some postings in the newsgroup have an icon that looks like

> page of writing whilst others have what looks like half a torn page, which
> setting do I need for sending messages with the right icon?

You don't. The page of writing icon in colour is a downloaded message, black
and white is a read message. The torn icon is a message on the server not
yet downloaded.

DG.
--
"Then again, what do I know?"

JayCee

"Dan Glybitz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Zt_Wc.45$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "BUDDY HOLLY" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:cghqi4$5dk$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I notice that some postings in the newsgroup have an icon that looks

like
> > page of writing whilst others have what looks like half a torn page,

which
> > setting do I need for sending messages with the right icon?
> >

> You don't. The page of writing icon in colour is a downloaded message,

black
> and white is a read message. The torn icon is a message on the server not
> yet downloaded.
>
> DG.
> --
> "Then again, what do I know?"

For a complete run down on al of the message go to :

outlook express > tools > help > contents and index
In the new window, click on the 'Search' tab and type 'icons' into the text
box. Click 'List Topics'
Now scroll down to the 'Outlook Express message list icons' entry and double
click.
Hey presto! There's an explanation of all of the little icons that OE uses.

HTH

JayCee

JayCee

news:md3Xc.9963$(E-Mail Removed) ...