Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Unable to open Excel files from My Documents

Unable to open Excel files from My Documents

Sue

Please forgive and forget my nonsensical post from yesterday. Apparently, my
problem (being unable to open Excel files from the My Documents folder) was
caused by an Office 2000 update which I did last weekend. The update was not
completed because it called for me to insert the Microsoft Office 2000 disk
which I no longer have. Is there any way to "undo" this update?

Additionally, I can access Excel files via c:\program files\Microsoft
Office\Office\Excel. Just cannot access them via My Computer or
Start>Programs>Microsoft Excel, or any other shortcut.

Is there any way around this, or must I have the Office 2000 disk.

Thanks for your patience.

WormWood

"Sue" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:n0RWc.511536$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Please forgive and forget my nonsensical post from yesterday.

Apparently, my
> problem (being unable to open Excel files from the My Documents

folder) was
> caused by an Office 2000 update which I did last weekend. The update

was not
> completed because it called for me to insert the Microsoft Office 2000

disk
> which I no longer have. Is there any way to "undo" this update?
>
> Additionally, I can access Excel files via c:\program files\Microsoft
> Office\Office\Excel.

<break>

Can't help you with the update problem, but as to accessing the file,
make a shortcut from the above path, rt click on it and confirm the path
is correct. Drag 'n drop to start button or wherever you'd like.

</break>

Just cannot access them via My Computer or
> Start>Programs>Microsoft Excel, or any other shortcut.
>
> Is there any way around this, or must I have the Office 2000 disk.
>
> Thanks for your patience.

Sue

Thank you WormWood. I had serious doubts about your solution because none of
my other shortcuts worked, but creating a new shortcut as you suggested
worked like a charm. Thanks ever so much.

WormWood

You are welcome.

news:G81Xc.246172$(E-Mail Removed)...