Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Suspend.exe available?

Suspend.exe available?

Maria

Hi,

I know I have a shutdown.exe which works well under W98SE -- but is there a
suspend.exe available?
Maria

°Mike°

There is no "shutdown.exe" native to Windows 98.
What are you talking about?

http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 18:59:10 +0200, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
Maria scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Maria

"°Mike°" wrote:

> There is no "shutdown.exe" native to Windows 98.
> What are you talking about?
>
> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
> http://home.satx.rr.com/badour/html/post.html
>
> On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 18:59:10 +0200, in
> <(E-Mail Removed)>
> Maria scrawled:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >I know I have a shutdown.exe which works well under W98SE -- but is there a
> >suspend.exe available?
> >Maria

> --
> Basic computer maintenance

Native or not Mike - what I am talking about it is called SHUTDOWN.EXE {Program
Option 1-4} from rjlsoftware.com and it works for me and my computers.

Originally it was sent to me as a joke 'how to get more sex' - so maybe there is
more behind it ))

So, is there a suspend.exe or similar command line?

Thanks,
Maria

brandon richards

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

http://www.rjlsoftware.com/support.shtml

> Originally it was sent to me as a joke 'how to get more sex' - so maybe

there is
> more behind it ))
>
> So, is there a suspend.exe or similar command line?
>
> Thanks,
> Maria

°Mike°

On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 00:34:43 +0200, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
Maria scrawled:

>"°Mike°" wrote:
>
>> There is no "shutdown.exe" native to Windows 98.
>> What are you talking about?

<snip>

>Native or not Mike - what I am talking about it is called SHUTDOWN.EXE {Program
>Option 1-4} from rjlsoftware.com and it works for me and my computers.
>
>Originally it was sent to me as a joke 'how to get more sex' - so maybe there is
>more behind it ))
>
>So, is there a suspend.exe or similar command line?
>
>Thanks,
>Maria

You can exit, reboot, log off, and restart
Windows with a batch file, but I am not
aware of a way to suspend Windows 98
from a command.

--

"°Mike°" wrote:

> On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 00:34:43 +0200, in
> <(E-Mail Removed)>
> Maria scrawled:
>
> >"°Mike°" wrote:
> >
> >> There is no "shutdown.exe" native to Windows 98.
> >> What are you talking about?

> <snip>
>
> >Native or not Mike - what I am talking about it is called SHUTDOWN.EXE {Program
> >Option 1-4} from rjlsoftware.com and it works for me and my computers.
> >
> >Originally it was sent to me as a joke 'how to get more sex' - so maybe there is
> >more behind it ))
> >
> >So, is there a suspend.exe or similar command line?
> >
> >Thanks,
> >Maria

> You can exit, reboot, log off, and restart
> Windows with a batch file, but I am not
> aware of a way to suspend Windows 98
> from a command.
>
> --
> Basic computer maintenance

Then how do my Laptop and Desktop know what to do when I press their 'Suspend' button
or close the lid?
Surely there must a program initiating sleep!
Any clues?
Maria

°Mike°

On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 22:26:03 +0200, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
Maria scrawled:

>"°Mike°" wrote:

<snip>

>> You can exit, reboot, log off, and restart
>> Windows with a batch file, but I am not
>> aware of a way to suspend Windows 98
>> from a command.
>>

>Then how do my Laptop and Desktop know what to do when
>I press their 'Suspend' button or close the lid?
>Surely there must a program initiating sleep!
>Any clues?
>Maria

Of course something is initiating it, it's the operating
system; I'm just not aware of a direct command that
does this. Now, if you had asked about rebooting,
or shutting down....

--
Basic computer maintenance