Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Win XP cable connect on startup?

Win XP cable connect on startup?

Peter

Hi,

I use Win XP Pro. I have a cable connection that requires login and
password. To connect I have to 1) open the connection manually or 2) add a
shortcut to startup in startmenu - all programs. Is there another way to
connect automatically at Windows startup?

Tia.

Peter

Duane Arnold

"Peter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:412b0441$0$7149$(E-Mail Removed):

> Hi,
>
> I use Win XP Pro. I have a cable connection that requires login and
> password. To connect I have to 1) open the connection manually or 2)
> add a shortcut to startup in startmenu - all programs. Is there
> another way to connect automatically at Windows startup?

From a Windows O/S standpoint, the answer is NO. Can a 3rd party program
that may need to be in the Start folder start the ISP program and supply
the user-id and psw? It is possible.

You may want to check SnapFiles for such an application.

http://www.snapfiles.com/

Duane

Unk

On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 11:02:58 +0200, "Peter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I use Win XP Pro. I have a cable connection that requires login and
>password. To connect I have to 1) open the connection manually or 2) add a
>shortcut to startup in startmenu - all programs. Is there another way to
>connect automatically at Windows startup?
>
>Tia.
>
>Peter

A router/gateway like D-Link, Belkin, Netgear, Linksys, etc.
It will negotiate the connection automatically (you don't need ANY
connection software anymore). Ebay - Around $20.00