Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Is this graphics card compatible?

Is this graphics card compatible?

Vincent Wonnacott

I would like to buy a B402F MSI XP MOTHERBOARD 745 ULTRA board that has a
AGP (Accelerated Graphics Port) 4x slot (1.5V only). Can someone tell me if
my ATI Radeon 9200SE 128mb graphics card will work with this board as Im a
little confused by the speed and voltage compatibility.

Thanks in advance,

Vincent

ICee

Vincent Wonnacott wrote:
> I would like to buy a B402F MSI XP MOTHERBOARD 745 ULTRA board that
> has a AGP (Accelerated Graphics Port) 4x slot (1.5V only). Can
> someone tell me if my ATI Radeon 9200SE 128mb graphics card will work
> with this board as Im a little confused by the speed and voltage
> compatibility.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>

> Vincent

Yes, it will work. This explains AGP compatibility:
http://www.ertyu.org/~steven_nikkel/...atibility.html

Vincent Wonnacott

To the rescue again!

Many thanks ICEE - BTW - Other power problem you resolved has been as good
as gold since.

Many thanks again.

"ICee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Vincent Wonnacott wrote:
>> I would like to buy a B402F MSI XP MOTHERBOARD 745 ULTRA board that
>> has a AGP (Accelerated Graphics Port) 4x slot (1.5V only). Can
>> someone tell me if my ATI Radeon 9200SE 128mb graphics card will work
>> with this board as Im a little confused by the speed and voltage
>> compatibility.
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>>

>> Vincent

> Yes, it will work. This explains AGP compatibility:
> http://www.ertyu.org/~steven_nikkel/...atibility.html

ICee

You're welcome.

Vincent Wonnacott wrote:
> To the rescue again!
>
> Many thanks ICEE - BTW - Other power problem you resolved has been as
> good as gold since.
>
> Many thanks again.
>
> "ICee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Vincent Wonnacott wrote:
>>> I would like to buy a B402F MSI XP MOTHERBOARD 745 ULTRA board that
>>> has a AGP (Accelerated Graphics Port) 4x slot (1.5V only). Can
>>> someone tell me if my ATI Radeon 9200SE 128mb graphics card will
>>> work with this board as Im a little confused by the speed and
>>> voltage compatibility.
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance,
>>>

>>> Vincent

>> Yes, it will work. This explains AGP compatibility:
>> http://www.ertyu.org/~steven_nikkel/...atibility.html

Dr. Harvie Wahl-Banghor

I was walking down the street, minding my own business, when on Tue,
24 Aug 2004 04:19:54 +0000 (UTC), "Vincent Wonnacott"
<(E-Mail Removed)> screamed from behind the mulberry
bush:

>I would like to buy a B402F MSI XP MOTHERBOARD 745 ULTRA board that has a
>AGP (Accelerated Graphics Port) 4x slot (1.5V only). Can someone tell me if
>my ATI Radeon 9200SE 128mb graphics card will work with this board as Im a
>little confused by the speed and voltage compatibility.
>
>Thanks in advance,

The 9200Se works in all modes, 2X/4X/8X so it should work OK in your
new board.