Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > PC rescue

PC rescue

teabag

Anyone here heard of PC Rescue from Healthy Computer Club? Are these
legitimate programs offered? PC Rescue claims to offer solutions for any
errors it finds. The site lets you download a diagnostic program and then
when it has revealed the defective errors asks if you wish to have the
program fix them. If you click on yes it puts up an order forms so that you
may purchase the program. I hastily responded and now I am beginning to
think that I didn't use the best of judgment as I can't find any information
on the company offering these programs. The only good thing is the
diagnostic tool did pick up an uninstall error that has been on my disc for
years because I can't get rid of it. Maybe it is a couple of guys working
out of their basement but then again maybe their program does have some good
solutions. Now I have myself so spooked if I actually receive the program I
don't know whether I will be able to use it without fear that it will screw
my computer up. Dumb me!! I would appreciate any input if you have ever
heard of this program offer.

Thanks!
Teabag

samuel

"teabag" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:BhzWc.59$(E-Mail Removed) ers.com:

> Anyone here heard of PC Rescue from Healthy Computer Club? Are
> these legitimate programs offered? PC Rescue claims to offer
> solutions for any errors it finds. The site lets you download a
> diagnostic program and then when it has revealed the defective
> errors asks if you wish to have the program fix them. If you
> click on yes it puts up an order forms so that you may purchase
> the program. I hastily responded and now I am beginning to think
> that I didn't use the best of judgment as I can't find any
> information on the company offering these programs. The only good
> thing is the diagnostic tool did pick up an uninstall error that
> has been on my disc for years because I can't get rid of it.
> Maybe it is a couple of guys working out of their basement but
> then again maybe their program does have some good solutions. Now
> I have myself so spooked if I actually receive the program I don't
> know whether I will be able to use it without fear that it will
> screw my computer up. Dumb me!! I would appreciate any input if
> you have ever heard of this program offer.
>
> Thanks!
> Teabag

Don't
any problems mostly can be fixed with proper maintenance
defrags clean cache temp files correct installs and uninstalls
good anti virus correct IE OE settings firewall
problems then go to the microsoft groups for help search google
no program can correct my system your system very diff problems
diff software and such

WormWood

"teabag" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:BhzWc.59$(E-Mail Removed) ers.com...
> Anyone here heard of PC Rescue from Healthy Computer Club? Are these
> legitimate programs offered? PC Rescue claims to offer solutions for

any
> errors it finds. The site lets you download a diagnostic program and

then
> when it has revealed the defective errors asks if you wish to have the
> program fix them. If you click on yes it puts up an order forms so

that you
> may purchase the program. I hastily responded and now I am beginning

> think that I didn't use the best of judgment as I can't find any

information
> on the company offering these programs. The only good thing is the
> diagnostic tool did pick up an uninstall error that has been on my

disc for
> years because I can't get rid of it. Maybe it is a couple of guys

working
> out of their basement but then again maybe their program does have

some good
> solutions. Now I have myself so spooked if I actually receive the

program I
> don't know whether I will be able to use it without fear that it will

screw
> my computer up. Dumb me!! I would appreciate any input if you have

ever
> heard of this program offer.
>
> Thanks!
> Teabag

Why torture yourself? Just dump it and get a good night's rest.

ICee

Sucker.

teabag wrote:
> Anyone here heard of PC Rescue from Healthy Computer Club? Are these
> legitimate programs offered? PC Rescue claims to offer solutions for
> any errors it finds. The site lets you download a diagnostic program
> and then when it has revealed the defective errors asks if you wish
> to have the program fix them. If you click on yes it puts up an
> order forms so that you may purchase the program. I hastily
> responded and now I am beginning to think that I didn't use the best
> of judgment as I can't find any information on the company offering
> these programs. The only good thing is the diagnostic tool did pick
> up an uninstall error that has been on my disc for years because I
> can't get rid of it. Maybe it is a couple of guys working out of
> their basement but then again maybe their program does have some good
> solutions. Now I have myself so spooked if I actually receive the
> program I don't know whether I will be able to use it without fear
> that it will screw my computer up. Dumb me!! I would appreciate
> any input if you have ever heard of this program offer.
>
> Thanks!
> Teabag

Paul - xxx

teabag vaguely muttered something like ...
> Anyone here heard of PC Rescue from Healthy Computer Club?

Nope ..

> Are these legitimate programs offered?

Dunno ..

> PC Rescue claims to offer solutions for any
> errors it finds. The site lets you download a diagnostic program and then
> when it has revealed the defective errors asks if you wish to have the
> program fix them. If you click on yes it puts up an order forms so that
> you may purchase the program. I hastily responded and now I am
> beginning to think that I didn't use the best of judgment

Heheheh

> as I can't find
> any information on the company offering these programs. The only good
> thing is the diagnostic tool did pick up an uninstall error that has been
> on my disc for years because I can't get rid of it.

Why not just post what the uninstall error is and someone might figure it
out for you ..

> Maybe it is a
> couple of guys working out of their basement but then again maybe their
> program does have some good solutions. Now I have myself so spooked if I
> actually receive the program I don't know whether I will be able to use
> it without fear that it will screw my computer up.

Jeez .. and you paid money for it .. and _still_ have a working computer ..

> Dumb me!!

Well that bit sounds right ..

> I would
> appreciate any input if you have ever heard of this program offer.

Don't worry, just taking the ****. Also don't worry about the crappy
program, just don't use it ... And post what the error is and you might get
good help. You might also get sarcastic bastards like me, but you also
might get conflicting views and need to choose what to do, so you're again
in a dilemma. Ain't life a beach ?

--
Paul ...

(8(|) ... Homer Rocks