Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Hotmail pickup

Reply
Thread Tools

Hotmail pickup

 
 
Richard
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-23-2004
Is there an online page that will pick up email from hotmail, the hotmail
site is blocked by the works server?


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
SwissTony
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-23-2004

"Richard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is there an online page that will pick up email from hotmail, the hotmail
> site is blocked by the works server?
>
>


You can set one up in outlook express.
See if you can get in that way.
tools-accounts-mail tab - add>mail
Type your name, click next
type hotmail addy click next
set "my incoming mail server is" to http.
set "my http mail provider is " to hotmail, click next
put in your hotmail email address as the username and enter ur password,
click next
click finish


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
geopelia
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-23-2004

"Brian H供" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:kBkWc.84$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Richard wrote:
>
> > Is there an online page that will pick up email from hotmail, the

hotmail
> > site is blocked by the works server?
> >
> >

>
> If your employer has blocked access to hotmail kindly go back to sleep.


I couldn't get Hotmail a while ago, so I looked for it on Google and was
able to get in from there. Don't ask me how though, I don't know much about
computers.


 
Reply With Quote
 
Richard
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-23-2004

"SwissTony" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> "Richard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Is there an online page that will pick up email from hotmail, the

hotmail
> > site is blocked by the works server?
> >
> >

>
> You can set one up in outlook express.
> See if you can get in that way.
> tools-accounts-mail tab - add>mail
> Type your name, click next
> type hotmail addy click next
> set "my incoming mail server is" to http.
> set "my http mail provider is " to hotmail, click next
> put in your hotmail email address as the username and enter ur password,
> click next
> click finish
>
>

Nope server spots it


 
Reply With Quote
 
=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-23-2004
Richard wrote:

> Is there an online page that will pick up email from hotmail, the hotmail
> site is blocked by the works server?
>
>


If your employer has blocked access to hotmail kindly go back to sleep.
 
Reply With Quote
 
geopelia
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-23-2004

"geopelia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:_ekWc.16850$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> "Brian H供" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:kBkWc.84$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Richard wrote:
> >
> > > Is there an online page that will pick up email from hotmail, the

> hotmail
> > > site is blocked by the works server?
> > >
> > >

> >
> > If your employer has blocked access to hotmail kindly go back to sleep.

>
> I couldn't get Hotmail a while ago, so I looked for it on Google and was
> able to get in from there. Don't ask me how though, I don't know much

about
> computers.
>

I think I've found it! Search for Hotmail on Google, it's the second entry,
the one about msn. Or try www.msn.com
and click hotmail in the list on the left of the page. It worked just now
for me, I couldn't get hotmail by clicking it on the desktop.
This happens a lot, getting the message about the page not found.
Also I use Yahoo, but it takes ages to get anything, getting Yahoo, getting
the Inbox, getting the message, getting the reply box etc - everything there
is very slow.

Geopelia


 
Reply With Quote
 
Jamco
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-23-2004
i think yahoo being slow is related to your computer, not to yahoo

"geopelia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:SolWc.16875$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> "geopelia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:_ekWc.16850$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> "Brian H供" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:kBkWc.84$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > Richard wrote:
>> >
>> > > Is there an online page that will pick up email from hotmail, the

>> hotmail
>> > > site is blocked by the works server?
>> > >
>> > >
>> >
>> > If your employer has blocked access to hotmail kindly go back to sleep.

>>
>> I couldn't get Hotmail a while ago, so I looked for it on Google and was
>> able to get in from there. Don't ask me how though, I don't know much

> about
>> computers.
>>

> I think I've found it! Search for Hotmail on Google, it's the second
> entry,
> the one about msn. Or try www.msn.com
> and click hotmail in the list on the left of the page. It worked just now
> for me, I couldn't get hotmail by clicking it on the desktop.
> This happens a lot, getting the message about the page not found.
> Also I use Yahoo, but it takes ages to get anything, getting Yahoo,
> getting
> the Inbox, getting the message, getting the reply box etc - everything
> there
> is very slow.
>
> Geopelia
>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
geopelia
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-24-2004

"Jamco" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Y3pWc.48784$X12.37951@edtnps84...
> i think yahoo being slow is related to your computer, not to yahoo


Could be, Yahoo is not my home page.
Geopelia
>
> "geopelia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:SolWc.16875$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >
> > "geopelia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:_ekWc.16850$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >>
> >> "Brian H供" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:kBkWc.84$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> > Richard wrote:
> >> >
> >> > > Is there an online page that will pick up email from hotmail, the
> >> hotmail
> >> > > site is blocked by the works server?
> >> > >
> >> > >
> >> >
> >> > If your employer has blocked access to hotmail kindly go back to

sleep.
> >>
> >> I couldn't get Hotmail a while ago, so I looked for it on Google and

was
> >> able to get in from there. Don't ask me how though, I don't know much

> > about
> >> computers.
> >>

> > I think I've found it! Search for Hotmail on Google, it's the second
> > entry,
> > the one about msn. Or try www.msn.com
> > and click hotmail in the list on the left of the page. It worked just

now
> > for me, I couldn't get hotmail by clicking it on the desktop.
> > This happens a lot, getting the message about the page not found.
> > Also I use Yahoo, but it takes ages to get anything, getting Yahoo,
> > getting
> > the Inbox, getting the message, getting the reply box etc - everything
> > there
> > is very slow.
> >
> > Geopelia
> >
> >

>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
geopelia
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-24-2004

"geopelia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsixWc.17076$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> "Jamco" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:Y3pWc.48784$X12.37951@edtnps84...
> > i think yahoo being slow is related to your computer, not to yahoo

>
> Could be, Yahoo is not my home page.
> Geopelia


I have two Yahoo Mail Icons on my desktop. One is a red Y on a yellow square
with something behind it, and a small white square on the lower left with a
cross in it.
The other is an e like the internet sign, on a page with the corner turned
down. (Don't laugh, I expect you all know what those icons are).

If I open the first, it is very slow, but the e one is faster.

Geopelia
> >
> > "geopelia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:SolWc.16875$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > >
> > > "geopelia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > news:_ekWc.16850$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > >>
> > >> "Brian H供" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > >> news:kBkWc.84$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > >> > Richard wrote:
> > >> >
> > >> > > Is there an online page that will pick up email from hotmail, the
> > >> hotmail
> > >> > > site is blocked by the works server?
> > >> > >
> > >> > >
> > >> >
> > >> > If your employer has blocked access to hotmail kindly go back to

> sleep.
> > >>
> > >> I couldn't get Hotmail a while ago, so I looked for it on Google and

> was
> > >> able to get in from there. Don't ask me how though, I don't know much
> > > about
> > >> computers.
> > >>
> > > I think I've found it! Search for Hotmail on Google, it's the second
> > > entry,
> > > the one about msn. Or try www.msn.com
> > > and click hotmail in the list on the left of the page. It worked just

> now
> > > for me, I couldn't get hotmail by clicking it on the desktop.
> > > This happens a lot, getting the message about the page not found.
> > > Also I use Yahoo, but it takes ages to get anything, getting Yahoo,
> > > getting
> > > the Inbox, getting the message, getting the reply box etc - everything
> > > there
> > > is very slow.
> > >
> > > Geopelia
> > >
> > >

> >
> >

>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
System.Web.Mail and Pickup Directory =?Utf-8?B?U2FtdWVs?= ASP .Net 2 01-17-2005 02:03 AM
RE: Sending multiple e-mails. Pickup Directory? Steven Cheng[MSFT] ASP .Net 6 12-10-2004 09:07 PM
Help! Can't get minipci to pickup lynksys router. lcvd1@yahoo.com Wireless Networking 3 12-06-2004 12:53 AM
Hotmail popper - Hotmail => pop3 access <eom> Paul D.Smith ASP General 0 10-14-2004 01:05 PM
FS: Cheap, private sale, Cisco lab kit, pickup in NY B.M. Wright Cisco 0 04-14-2004 05:10 PM



Advertisments