Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Finding out who's IP address has accessed my account.

Finding out who's IP address has accessed my account.

TerryNC

I dont think ebay sent that email...

news:cgarp9$4al$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have recently recieved an email from ebay stating that an unusual ip
> address has tried to access my account. How can I find who's address it
> is.......
>
> The details are as follows.
>
> IP Address 205.188.209.166
> ISP host: cache-dq04.proxy.aol.com
>
> Many thanks
>
> Steve
>
> --
> Q: How do you circumcise a Peterboro fan?
> A: Kick his sister in the jaw.

Steve

I have recently recieved an email from ebay stating that an unusual ip
address has tried to access my account. How can I find who's address it
is.......

The details are as follows.

IP Address 205.188.209.166
ISP host: cache-dq04.proxy.aol.com

Many thanks

Steve

--
Q: How do you circumcise a Peterboro fan?
A: Kick his sister in the jaw.

Solar Nowhere

I agree. Also if in the same email they asked you to confirm
your username and password, don't do it! It definately wasn't
ebay sending you the mail.

"TerryNC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I dont think ebay sent that email...
>
> "Steve" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:cgarp9$4al$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I have recently recieved an email from ebay stating that an unusual ip
> > address has tried to access my account. How can I find who's address it
> > is.......
> >
> > The details are as follows.
> >
> > IP Address 205.188.209.166
> > ISP host: cache-dq04.proxy.aol.com
> >
> > Many thanks
> >
> > Steve
> >
> > --
> > Q: How do you circumcise a Peterboro fan?
> > A: Kick his sister in the jaw.

Gimpy

Try here, ip addy is for american on line !
http://ws.arin.net/cgi-bin/whois.pl

"Solar Nowhere" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Iy7Wc.766$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I agree. Also if in the same email they asked you to confirm
> your username and password, don't do it! It definately wasn't
> ebay sending you the mail.
>
> "TerryNC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I dont think ebay sent that email...
> >
> > "Steve" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:cgarp9$4al$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > I have recently recieved an email from ebay stating that an

unusual ip
> > > address has tried to access my account. How can I find who's

address it
> > > is.......
> > >
> > > The details are as follows.
> > >
> > > IP Address 205.188.209.166
> > > ISP host: cache-dq04.proxy.aol.com
> > >
> > > Many thanks
> > >
> > > Steve
> > >
> > > --
> > > Q: How do you circumcise a Peterboro fan?
> > > A: Kick his sister in the jaw.

Dr. Harvie Wahl-Banghor

I was walking down the street, minding my own business, when on Sun,
22 Aug 2004 20:34:39 +0100, "Steve" <(E-Mail Removed)> screamed
from behind the mulberry bush:

>I have recently recieved an email from ebay stating that an unusual ip
>address has tried to access my account. How can I find who's address it
>is.......
>
>The details are as follows.
>
>IP Address 205.188.209.166
>ISP host: cache-dq04.proxy.aol.com

Call AOL but don't expect them to help you. They have a privacy policy
that won't allow them to access records and tell you who it was.
Unless you get a subpoena from a court of law, you might as well drop
it. Besides, the account may have been hijacked since some AOL n00bs
are easily phished into giving out account information.

Dr Harvie Wahl-Banghor

Lisa Lisa is offline
Junior Member

There are several spammer tracking services (e.g. Spammer Tracking) that accept IP addresses and return more info regrading the source of this IP, they might give you the info you need...