Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Good Freeware Macro Recorder?

Good Freeware Macro Recorder?

Slyfoot

I'm all Googled out and I'm frustrated so I thought I would ask here.
Back in the days of Windows 3.11 there was a cool Accessory called
Macro Recorder that was a standalone macro recorder that could be used
to record keystrokes and mouse movements. When Windows 95/98/ME came
out, Microsoft quietly dropped Macro Recorder. After much searching I
finally found a substitute called PxRecorder which worked for those
OS's so I was happy. Now that I'm using WinXP, PxRecorder does not
work and I no longer have a macro recorder. WinMacro keeps popping up
all over the place so I tried it but it doesn't function the way I
want (it doesn't seem to record ALT or CTRL keys, for example. Can
anyone recommend a good free standalone macro recorder? Keep in mind
I'm not talking about something that requires writing a script, such
as AutoIt.

Thanks
~Sly

--
Sam Campbell III
Professional Dilettante

Duane Arnold

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Slyfoot) wrote in news:4127f827.5258109@news-
server.cfl.rr.com:

> I'm all Googled out and I'm frustrated so I thought I would ask here.
> Back in the days of Windows 3.11 there was a cool Accessory called
> Macro Recorder that was a standalone macro recorder that could be used
> to record keystrokes and mouse movements. When Windows 95/98/ME came
> out, Microsoft quietly dropped Macro Recorder. After much searching I
> finally found a substitute called PxRecorder which worked for those
> OS's so I was happy. Now that I'm using WinXP, PxRecorder does not
> work and I no longer have a macro recorder. WinMacro keeps popping up
> all over the place so I tried it but it doesn't function the way I
> want (it doesn't seem to record ALT or CTRL keys, for example. Can
> anyone recommend a good free standalone macro recorder? Keep in mind
> I'm not talking about something that requires writing a script, such
> as AutoIt.
>
> Thanks
> ~Sly

You may find something in the link.

http://www.snapfiles.com/shareware/system/swauto.html

Duane

Parko

Slyfoot wrote:
> I'm all Googled out and I'm frustrated so I thought I would ask here.
> Back in the days of Windows 3.11 there was a cool Accessory called
> Macro Recorder that was a standalone macro recorder that could be used
> to record keystrokes and mouse movements. When Windows 95/98/ME came
> out, Microsoft quietly dropped Macro Recorder. After much searching I
> finally found a substitute called PxRecorder which worked for those
> OS's so I was happy. Now that I'm using WinXP, PxRecorder does not
> work and I no longer have a macro recorder. WinMacro keeps popping up
> all over the place so I tried it but it doesn't function the way I
> want (it doesn't seem to record ALT or CTRL keys, for example. Can
> anyone recommend a good free standalone macro recorder? Keep in mind
> I'm not talking about something that requires writing a script, such
> as AutoIt.
>
> Thanks
> ~Sly

OpenOffice.org 1.1.2 records macros.
Free download: http://www.openoffice.org/

--
Parko

Pennywise

On Sun, 22 Aug 2004 01:38:27 GMT, (E-Mail Removed) (Slyfoot) wrote:

|>I'm all Googled out and I'm frustrated so I thought I would ask here.
|>Back in the days of Windows 3.11 there was a cool Accessory called
|>Macro Recorder that was a standalone macro recorder that could be used
|>to record keystrokes and mouse movements.

I've gotta suggest PowerPro.

It's part of my systems (98/2000/XP I multi-boot), I'd be lost without
it at this point.

Yes it does macros very well, and a whole lot more. Pretty much
whatever you need to do, it will configure for it.

http://powerpro.webeddie.com/
(Completely free! No catch!)

larrydalooza

(E-Mail Removed) (Slyfoot) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> I'm all Googled out and I'm frustrated so I thought I would ask here.
> Back in the days of Windows 3.11 there was a cool Accessory called
> Macro Recorder that was a standalone macro recorder that could be used
> to record keystrokes and mouse movements. When Windows 95/98/ME came
> out, Microsoft quietly dropped Macro Recorder. After much searching I
> finally found a substitute called PxRecorder which worked for those
> OS's so I was happy. Now that I'm using WinXP, PxRecorder does not
> work and I no longer have a macro recorder. WinMacro keeps popping up
> all over the place so I tried it but it doesn't function the way I
> want (it doesn't seem to record ALT or CTRL keys, for example. Can
> anyone recommend a good free standalone macro recorder? Keep in mind
> I'm not talking about something that requires writing a script, such
> as AutoIt.
>
> Thanks
> ~Sly

Several people have written "Script Writers" for AutoIt3 that record a
script when you perform actions, so that it is in essence a macro
recorder. ask at the forum. The forum is VERY friendly and active...

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/

Lar. (AutoIt3 Developer)

SunnyWay SunnyWay is offline
Junior Member

I remember there is one named "Auto Macro". Not free, but it seems easy to use.