Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Spywhere Product Question

Spywhere Product Question

Robert11

Hi,

Is there a simple downloadable (hopefully inexpensive or free) product that
would enable me to make a periodic check of my PC to see if there is any
"spywhere" on it ?

I guess the operative word is simple.

I would like to avoid having to install anything that goes, permanently,
beween my
PC and ISP provider.

Some time back I tried a product, I think it was from Lava, and had all
sorts of problems.

Am running W98 on an old Dell.

Might as well also ask, though:

If I have to go the full-blown approach, what's the best, in your opinions,
out there ?

Thanks,
Bob

madmax

Robert11 wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there a simple downloadable (hopefully inexpensive or free) product that
> would enable me to make a periodic check of my PC to see if there is any
> "spywhere" on it ?
>
> I guess the operative word is simple.
>
> I would like to avoid having to install anything that goes, permanently,
> beween my
> PC and ISP provider.
>
> Some time back I tried a product, I think it was from Lava, and had all
> sorts of problems.
>
> Am running W98 on an old Dell.
>
> Might as well also ask, though:
>
> If I have to go the full-blown approach, what's the best, in your opinions,
> out there ?
>
> Thanks,
> Bob

There are some online scanners like pest patrol.There are also on demand
scanners and ones that run in the background.I have links to free ones
on my site.
-max

--
To help you stay safe see: http://www.geocities.com/maxpro4u/madmax.html
Change nomail.afraid.org to neo.rr.com so you can reply by e-mail

Brian

"Robert11" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> Is there a simple downloadable (hopefully inexpensive or free) product

that
> would enable me to make a periodic check of my PC to see if there is any
> "spywhere" on it ?
>
> I guess the operative word is simple.
>
> I would like to avoid having to install anything that goes, permanently,
> beween my
> PC and ISP provider.
>
> Some time back I tried a product, I think it was from Lava, and had all
> sorts of problems.
>
> Am running W98 on an old Dell.
>
> Might as well also ask, though:
>
> If I have to go the full-blown approach, what's the best, in your

opinions,
> out there ?
>
> Thanks,
> Bob

also.. downlaod and update these::::::
hijack this
http://www.spychecker.com/program/hijackthis.html
spybot
http://www.download.com/Spybot-Searc...=dl&tag=button
cwshredder
http://www.softpedia.com/public/cat/...0-17-150.shtml

spiceman

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

http://www.lavasoft.de/
http://www.spybot.info/en/index.html

--
My email is invalid, please reply to the newsgroup