Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > DSO Exploit???

DSO Exploit???

bernard montgomery

I have run Spybot, Adaware and numerous other 'removers' including claims to
specifically remove DSO Exploit. None have got rid of it.

Any one have any suggestions how to get rid of this from my computer???????

TIA

Unk

On Sat, 21 Aug 2004 04:53:09 GMT, "bernard montgomery"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I have run Spybot, Adaware and numerous other 'removers' including claims to
>specifically remove DSO Exploit. None have got rid of it.
>
>Any one have any suggestions how to get rid of this from my computer???????
>
>TIA

I found this:

<quote>
It seems that Spybot removes the DSO exploit but doesn't clean the registry.
Hence the reappearance.

Start>Run type 'regedit' (without the qoutes)

Follow to the keys that spybot catches as dso exploits, for me it was 5 of
them, eg.

HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-18\Software|Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Internet
Settings\Zones\0\1004!=W=3

After opening zones and clicking on '0' look to the right window, under
'name' is the key '1004' and the type is REG_SZ simply right click and
delete this REG_SZ value.

Then right click and create new>DWORD Value, name it 1004, right click on
that and goto modify, give it the Hex Value of 3, Click ok.

You may have to restart your pc for changes to take effect... i didn't.

Run Spybot again and you will have one less dso exploit.... repeat for each
of the other values flagged in spybot (should all be 1004)...

</quote>

The above was from a "password required" site, so a link would be of no use.

John

"bernard montgomery" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:VyAVc.1388$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have run Spybot, Adaware and numerous other 'removers' including claims
> specifically remove DSO Exploit. None have got rid of it.
>
> Any one have any suggestions how to get rid of this from my
> computer???????
>
> TIA

Well there is one way to stop it starting even if you cannot find and delete
it.

Asuming you have checked it is not being started from startup you could in
regedit go to:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Run
where you will find a list of programs start by the windows registry.
Try and recogise the trojan in this list and delete it and then restart the
PC.

You better make a backup of the registry first incase you make a mistake.

hardware to run a 64k dso - wic-1dsu-t1?? Tim Shandonay Cisco 1 04-18-2006 11:44 PM
What is DSO Exploit. News Computer Support 2 08-24-2004 03:28 AM
DSO Exploit joevan Computer Support 1 08-10-2004 04:23 PM
DSO Exploit terror!! EricP Computer Support 4 08-05-2004 07:11 PM
XML Island DSO binding chrisk ASP .Net 4 08-05-2003 03:53 AM

Advertisments